Drag racing crash on Transit last night

“Town police say they are looking into reports that the 24-year old unidentified male driver of a FORD MUSTANG was racing another car when he lost control on Transit Road just past William, and the car skidded across four lanes of traffic, before slamming into a utility police”

I’m contemplating whether or not there would be any value to making this thread a sticky in kill stories to serve as a reminder of the risks. Yeah it’d be rather melancholy but if you can’t accept the risks you probably shouldn’t be doing it…

EDIT: Nah, not like this is the first or the last death due to street racing in the area…

highly doubt anyone would win that lawsuit under these circumstances.

That girl’s family must be furious and heart broken…so sad

If your gonna street race, leave innocent people out of it.

Not a chance in hell.

Got to love those lawsuit happy people. Im gonna go shoot myself now and sue smith & wesson.

Horrible story for the girl, way to kill your girlfriend asshole.

no. not the first, and sadly not the last.

Besides, NOT THAT IT IS A JUSTIFICATION, most of the people here are smart enough not to involve innocent passengers, and at least keep it to isolated stretches… :snky:

Still, :tdown:

they had transit rd closed past william/lossen when i left my girlfirends house. I knew Marc farily well from High School…man too many people i went to HS dying lately I cant deal with this anymore. He actually lived down the street from me growing up. RIP Marc

what time did this happen?

But he did, that girl didn’t race the neon and shes dead.

How fast can an 02 Mustang get in about 1/4 mile from a stop?

The Buffalo News article said the Mustang lined up at a red light, possibily with a black neon, and crashed about 1/4 mile later. Probably 100-110ish if it was stock.

Word and word.

^def not 110, surely not on that stretch of road… but either way… sliding into a utility pole - you don’t need alot of speed to die. Particularly hitting in that orientation.

:bsflag:

Who’s shooting all the video from the passengers seat in the kills section then?

I’d take a wild guess and say the speed was probably 85-90.

someone who got in the car knowing they were going racing?

i can’t imagine that was the case w/ the GF.

Pfft, I decided years ago that You’re not aninnocent passenger if you’re voluntarily opting to ride shotgun so that you can make a mad 7334 video for sake of internet glory.

It’s times like these that i realize how lucky Josh (and others) have been… particularly hanging out of windows and ish.

But again, they choose to be there, know full well what is about to happen.

$0.02

transit was closed still at 11ish so sometime b4 that

I would consider them a willing participant well aware of the risks.
Street racing is dumb.

either way it was stupid but its still a shame i feel for their families