Drag racing crash on Transit last night

Good point. That said, I doubt the girlfriend didn’t know her BF was a racer. Hope this really hits home with the street racers. Lots of opportunites between the Onyx track days, SCCA autocrosses, Lancaster and NYI to measure your car cock.

Looked it up, a stock 02 should run about 15.1 @ 93 in the quarter. Assuming he stood on it from the light (which if you’re racing why wouldn’t you) that’s probably around the speed for the crash.

So for those wondering what it takes to split a mustang cleanly in half diagonally, no more than 93ish since he only had 1/4 mile from the redlight to the crash site to work with.

At that age its hard for most kids to keep their hormones in check, they are at a red light in their “hotness” of a car and when they line up with anything even if its a metro with a fart can they can’t help but flop their dick out on the dash board and show just how big it is.

We have all been there at somepoint in our lives, we are just lucky enough to have survived certain times.

Darwin wins again and it’s a tragedy by definition, but life none-the-less.

Hopefully someone can take this as a lesson and avoid that fate.

good work detective JayS :tup:

:stuck_out_tongue:

Agreed.

RIP.

God bless their families.

I agree with you on that…

I can’t say I’ve never ran anyone on a street with traffic when I was younger but I sure think twice now before I do dumb shit…

I feel really bad for the girls family.

he wasnt really a racer though…he must have jsut got the mustang or something because last time i saw him he had a Lifted Chevy Blazer

that is the absolute worst thing about this entire mess.

Not to be an asshole… but this would be a great ad for all those members who don’t have cages (but run around with 11ty whp)… I bet an 8 pt would’ve help substantially.

:frowning:

That doesn’t mean that he is going to be racing cars every night. Plain and Simple, if you cared about your girlfriend, you would not subject her to that type of danger. A car is a weapon, take that risk and deal with it. The girlfriend on the other hand, well she might not have had any choice.

I agree…The article said he was taking his gf home so I’m sure she didn’t expect him to be racing. He was probably trying to show off

when i my GF is in the car, i usually dont rev past 3-4k rpms let alone race someone…

I used to do all kinds of stupid shit with my GF in the car when I was a young lad. I think back and regret doing such things. I’m just lucky that it never resulted in something horrible.

Which doesn’t sound like much because we’re all so used to bench racing, but is seriously fucking fast when something goes wrong. See pic.

I feel bad for BOTH families.

RIP guys.

My girl was in my car on the QEW and told me to try for 180…

Maybe she liked it as much as he did?

Can it be that NYspeed is growing up?!?!?!?:ohnoes:

Absolutely. Even a six would have tied the car together better.

A lot are.
But there is still a new breed of idiots invading.

:fuzzyfish:

Not a chance. People Will be racing on the street on next bright sunny day.