Drag racing crash on Transit last night

pretty much… for those of us in our age bracket.

theres new people though, with the same stupid ideas we used to have :stuck_out_tongue:

we’re just old and crabby now.

Naw there’s a younger crowd picking up the slack. They just haven’t gotten out of bed yet because the semester is over. :stuck_out_tongue:

I feel bad for both the driver and passenger. We’ve all gotten away with stupid shit at some point in our lives, they just got fingered by fate. It’s really unfortunate. God bless their families.

now??? how long have you known me :stuck_out_tongue:

you were young & crabby back then :slight_smile:

edit: young & angry is more like it actually

correct sir!

Some of these Audi pics remind me of this crash…

Audi RS6

THis is the worst one I’ve ever seen,

http://forums.audiworld.com/other/msgs/2478782.phtml

eh, i thought that at first, but from where it looks like it hit, I dunno if a 6pt would’ve done much.

But still, PMP was charging $100 / point… so $800 for an 8 pt & alot of peace of mind.

moot point I suppose.

see: the thread where the kid took his 4 day old bike upto 160. :sigh:

shitty stuff…

RIP to both…

Maybe, maybe not. A cage takes away the car’s ability to absorb the crash. Great if you end up on your roof sliding down NYI’s track or glance off one of their barriers, not so great when you solidly impact an immovable object. The forces at work in a crash bad enough to split a car in half like that are extreme. If the car holds together the occupants are going from 90ish to 0 almost instantly. Not to mention the substantially increased risk of head injury from the cage if you’re not wearing a helmet.

Add into the fact that you could smash your head into the bar, if you are not wearing a helmet, is a little scary

The guy got off easy.
I wish he lived.

I was just thinking the same thing. Manslaughter charges at least.

A cage wouldn’t have done any good in this…what a dumb suggestion.

You’re hitting an immovable object…

True, but tell me a good road to race down?

LOLz, I know everyone here is guilty of it, but, it is FUCKING STUPID.

yea… a cage with street belts/seats and no neck protection wouldnt have done much…

Good points…

I was just thinking of preventing the top end of the car crushing / spliting.

Forgot about stock belts & cage = no-no… stock belts that apparently failed also.

too early?
nevr

What a horrible fucking mess.

one its a mustang, 2 he prolly lost the race, 3 he should have been racing in the first place

solid rear axel ftl eh?

i dont feel sorry for him one bit, the girl…sure as long as she wasn’t aware of the race before it happened