drifting

im looking at gettin in to drifting i have a stock 89 with a swaped in DE engine i was wondering on what diff would be in this car? i also have a abs hicas diff outta a 93 what would be better? and is the hicas lsd?

Put on your suit…

yea your great help keep up the great job were lucky to have you on here

buahaha lmao

anywho the hicas will have a vlsd
Variuale
Limited
Slip
Differential
i`d get a hicas lock bar tho iif your gonna swap it out as you will need a new power steering pump for the hicas (unless not used) and new lines you could weld the open diff?

The Hicas diff is LSD, and usually LSD is a must when getting into drifting. Check to see if it would mate to your stock driveshaft. I’m not sure if the ABS/LSD driveshaft is the same size as your driveshaft, definately something to look into.

oh and s13 89-90-open diff
s13/s14 91-98-vlsd
s15 98-2000-hlsd

Viscous*

And what are ur plans with the car? Pure track car or a street car u Will occasionally take to the track?

What are your planned future mods?

These things will help ppl to better advise u.

U don’t want a welded diff on the streets. Its annoying as fuck and u’ll end up gettn rid of it.

I would say a perfect street/track diff is 1.5 way. Not crazy aggressive and it’ll work great.

2 way is where its at but a lot off ppl would say not for street car but I know a few guys that have em in street cars and love it. If. Can tolerate ur rear end chattering a bit and wheels squakin, go with 2 way

My $0.02

lol

yea ill give the welding a try have welded lots of larger car diffs (derby cars)should be pretty similar.

No worries man, did you even try to search??? Its been posted somewhere on this site, if not its on the other major sites…

The fire is starting to get hotter, beware of the flames as stated above.

But really though, you can’t really ask such a generic question; everyone has their own oppinion of whats best. You will be better of using the search feature, cross refrencing ideas and then decide on part yourself. for the above discussion, I agree 1.5 is the best for track and street.

weld it

There won’t be much “drifting” when your rolling in 4X4 status. If you don’t have some sort of suspension work done, It will be less like “sliding” and more like “body roll”

Grab some reputable coils first, maybe even a front and rear strut bar for rigity, then see if you can get your hands on a non-hicas subframe + a nice LSD.

Have fun,

$0.0002

^ agreed, grab coils, or atleast springs and struts, get rid of hicas and get some form of lsd, whether that be welded, vlsd or proper 1.5/2 way all depends on your budget.

Don’t forget to grab a maad tight CDM drift button from Bing yO!!:cool:

i gots one of dem drift buttons from bing. when i push it nothing happens?
could that be a major problem?

$20 says he will never hit a track.

LOL… can i get in on that bet??

you need to buy volk or work wheels first. its a must for any serious drifter.

racing seats for sure… oh and decals… stickers make the car go faster