dsm bogging down

I have a 90 gsx motor. i put it into a 92 shell so i needed some newer components like the throttle body, coil pack, and the power transistor. This started today driving on the thru way, it has never done this before, i would be cruising at about 3500 rpms. all of a sudden my rpms drop to around 1500 and it just keeps wanting to drop. i have to step on clutch then rev motor to keep it running, i usually keep it around 1500 rpms because i dont want to rev it high and mess anything up. it lasted for like 5 seconds the first time. i kept driving and it did it 6 more times tonight, lasting from 5 to 30 seconds where the motor barely runs and it wants to die out. does anyone have a clue what it might be, battery is a couple months old and alternater is about year and a half old. i think its electrical but not sure

Pull the ECU and check the caps. If they are spewing their guts, then thats your problem. Take it to Mike and let him work his magic.

Could be the caps this is only a problem for the 1g ecu’s. No offense to Mike but I use only this guy for dsm ecu’s… he has been modding them for 10years and is the only place DSMLink trusts for ecu socketing and repair.

Come to think of it, I think Mike sent my EPROM out to ECMTuning last time. Well, take it to Mike and he’ll send it to the right person for you.

[quote=“Devioustsi,post:3,topic:38329"”]

Could be the caps this is only a problem for the 1g ecu’s. No offense to Mike but I use only this guy for dsm ecu’s… he has been modding them for 10years and is the only place DSMLink trusts for ecu socketing and repair.

[/quote]

agreed steves the man.

the only problem is… i already have a dsmlink computer with the new caps…

i checked my dsm link and im throwing code 44, ignition circuit malfunction, anyone know what this is?

i checked on dsmtuner.com and it looks like most of the time its the power transistor. so does anyone one have an extra one that they know works? i just bought one and it only worked for 700 miles

does anyone know if that is the cause of this problem? any input will be appreciated. today i drove to my friends house 15 miles away and it acted up for a very short time driving there. on the whole ride home though it ran shitty. A weird thing i noticed is that my rpms are cut in half of what im usually driving, ex. im cruising at 45 in 4th gear normally lets say im at 3000 rpms. when the car is running bad i can still do 45 in 4th gear but its at 1500 rpms, it might be lower though. It was really jumping around the last stretch home. it would rev up since im pushing on gas more then it would just jump right back down.

Anyone?

Need more details.

like what? when im driving my car will randomly bog down and barely run, the tack is running at half of the rpms it should be at. car barely accelerates while its like this. It is on and off sometimes lasting 2 seconds or it will last the whole car ride. It is throwing the check engine light code 44 “ignition circuit malfunction”

Swap the coil pack and report back.

does anyone have a spare coil pack laying around?

Usually the mitsu stuff doesn’t go bad. Check the plugs and wires. What plugs and wires are on the car?