Dual Exhaust on a s13

has anyone tried this, and if so how difficult is it to do, i’m not going for performance of any kind but more for show, so if someone can tell me if they kno how to do this it would be greatly appreciated

Why? Spend the money on a bigger turbo.

If you say you want to run dual exhaust while NA…I swear to god…

if you mean having an exhuast come out the left and right side under the rear bumper you are going to have to get rid of your gas tank and run a fuel cell in your trunk so that you can route the exhuast to the right side of the car.

or you could just bash the shit out of your gas tank to make room for the new exhuast section

the only easy solution is to run the right side exhaust like so…

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k117/matty240sx/setup.jpg

this setup would cause a lot of restriction on that right side exit and it would be useless as most gases would flow out of the left side exit.

in essense, anythign like this is pretty much useless. but it is an easy option of your going for show like you mentioned.

or you can go with somehting like an infiniti g35/nissan 350z setup. doubt theres much room for something like this tho. (just going off the top of my head)

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k117/matty240sx/g35.jpg

routing a y pipe pre/post cat would be problematic. like ing said, gas tanks in the way.

if you wanna go that route, just use a hammer to smash the tank. hammers solve everything.

dual exhuast is WAY COOLER than a fuel tank, come on guys.

You may be able to hide a crossover pipe in the rear bumper with a lot of work

then you’d look like a sunfire where all the exhuast is coming out the left side and nothing out the right…lol

Does anyone every look at peoples usernames and wonder what they are like in person to make a username like that?

“gtprince”
-dual exhaust

Duals don’t add ANY bling factor, ( and as can been seen here your car will be compared to a sunfire…), just get a nice polished SS exhaust, if you want to go crazy have a custom one built up. Interior/exterior/engine bay are places you get the points.

sorry to go off topic here…

bas, where are you getting your perifial port on the wankel done?

The actualy porting is done, ( P-port and race port exhaust) … it’s just a matter of getting time, ( between the my shop work and other shops I do work for ), to get it built… everything is ready, to put together, F/R stat and thrust assemblies are installed, polished rotors … however I am switching to the super seals, from RWS and std. mazda apex seal springs, ( heat treated and better with boost. ).

Also I need a car to put it in… I’ve been told by a bunch of people that if I rip my 91’ after all the work I’ve put into it… my life is forefit. I working on a JDM FD rolling shell for the spring… who knows.

man buy a freakin’ camaro or mustang if u want duals or do a swap for a v engine like vh45 or vq35 where duals actually serve a purpose…

I hope u know how to weld because anybody willing to build an exhaust like that wont be cheap…

An idea of what it would look like…theres no room for a muffler really under the gas tank…best options to get a 3" in with dual 2.5 out muffler and weld that in the stock location just as far away from the bumper and then have a 2.5" pipe or w/e run behind the tank to your tips on the passenger side…i wouldnt do it imo

For all that work id just knotch the frame rails behind the doors and run some phat pipes out the sides. If your n/a greatly decrease the diameter of the piping to 2.0 or 2.25 at most.

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/3589/210720060023bt0.jpg
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/774/210720060013cl8.jpg

ah alright bas, are those the carbon seals?

u can do like the N1 dual…just have the pipe bent to the other side…but the gas tank is still and issue

the new superseals are a different Bi-metal and heat treating combination, they also add a high temp wear in coating. They’ve been testing these for the last year and a half on 2-3 rotor drag cars with great success.

Ask nelly i seen in one of his threads he had a black s13 with custom rear bumper and dual exhaust and looked pretty damn good, but single 4" is better imo.

i think u can make it happen its just more or less the price u pay… and if ur going show being original counts. Its all about overall look… some people may think its dumb but if u design ur car right u can make it look really good.
I don’t judge till i see the final product but everyone has the right to there 2 cents.