Dunnville autodrome officially closed indefinitely as of 3:00est

http://www.dunnvillechronicle.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?archive=true&e=1411760

What stands out for me is TMP officials speaking out AGAINST the Dunnville Autodrome. Very unsportsmanlike considering they were under similar pressures from locals.

Perhaps we should put a cease and desist with respect to free promotion of any and all events hosted at or by TMP on all of our forums?

I will not support ANY event at TMP. The fact that they stood out against a local track just screams scumbag.

Whhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaattttttt!!!. are you serious???

i dont know why i am so suprised by that cause it makes perfect sense from a business stand point. an easy opportunity to get rid of competition. i just got this email fom john and i still can’t beleive it.

peace

Just wtf?!.. i dont know what to say. This is retarded… I’m saddened…

yeah, srsly

under the guise of a racing license issue… suuuure

hey bing you probably know these people well enough know, are they gonna fight this? or is dunnville dead?

peace

Bing isn’t God.
He’s more like the minion that gets poked with a stick.

:slight_smile:

Lee has the option to appeal and likely will unless there is a reason not to; like the cost.

There are other factors at play outside of the Dunnville issue that will have an impact on the decision to appeal as well.

gimme a break… i know everything about everything all the time.

other pending track development? what do you mean?

peace

I’m assuming this Dunnville closing crap pretty much happened from the 73 year old guy dying there a month ago… The legal system can’t let the track run without proper zoning (A building close enough to the track for a car to slam into and kill a guy?) and track status certification…

That being said - its shit that TMP is against the track… Hopefully this new one Erie is dope - 4 km inner track :smiley: If anything, we should start a petition to allow drift events at the new track.

lets all go race around the town of dunnville.

Honestly, the president of My dealership lives in Dunnville, when I asked his about how he feels about the track and the noise, his reply was “what track? we have a track?”

One bad apple can spoil a bunch.

If only I got $1 for everytime someone said that…

Polar, I’m not singling you out btw.

Details on this new track in Erie?

Nothing to do with the guy dying. You probably have a better chance dying at Mosport. Old guy died before he hit the wall anyways. And the building isn’t close to the track at all. If you’ve been there, you’d understand.

The main reason is pretty much the residents who get annoyed at car exhausts and so on. Dunnville being a small town and all, those 120 families is considered a pretty big thing.

To be fair, although all of us here are car enthusiasts…assume that you aren’t…and every weekend you get 30 - 60 cars driving by with exhausts…some of them ripping it up, etc.
Wouldn’t you be annoyed with it? It’s almost as bad as those dudes with loud systems that have their bass pumping. I’m only 22 but I already find that annoying.

Also, there’s not much to do in that town except fishing and camping. Old people love to start fights and issues / complain. They are usually the ones who’d wait for you to park on the side of the road and call the town’s parking enforcement right away.

I also hate TMP and have no interest in dealing with them. They have a great facility but they’re cocky dealing with them is a only a hassle.

For those asking about DIG Track Days, we haven’t had a chance to meet and chat about this much yet other than for about 15 minutes earlier today - as Mike said we may end up speaking to TMP but I really don’t want to.

We’ll see what happens.

Thanks for the support everyone.

Sorry for the double post… just a little tid bit - they are hoping to have the new facility up and running by June 2010 so it’s not too far out!

^^ Who? Dunnville?

wat?

no it wont be in dunnville? :slight_smile:

Niagara Region

Pretty sure that 73 year old dude had a heart attack and then hit the building. I could be wrong but the heart attack killed him not the wall. I’ve driven on dunnville a few times and it’s near impossible to go off track and hit a hangar unless ofcoarse you have a heart attack. You could steer out even if you had brake loss, the building is more then far enough away. This sucks balls that’s forsure. Dunnville is a great track and is maybe 35 minutes from me. Hopefully Erie steps it up and we have a track to satisfy our hunger!!

tmp assist to close competition then they can make mroe moneyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy