Dunnville's Out For 2010; What's Next? [Edenvale Updates Post 71]

:tup:

Doing a 2 day event and incorporating some other stuff could be really fun.

now thats a good idea. wouldn’t seem so bad 3 hours driving if the whole weekend had a few events. :tup: to you good sir.

LOL i’m not going to bitch this time…if I can run, sweet, if not, whatever. Would be nice to try to show the haters something.

im definitely down, this is what im building my sti for. would be really cool for the price, who cares about the drive, it’ll be a fun cruise.

part of the reason for this is that we have other future arrangements pending with Lee, the former lease-holder for Dunnville.

Moreover, we do not ever get enough participation from NYSpeed to fill a track day… meaning i have to draw on my canadian network to get some more participation.

The day we do at Edenvale will be like a test day not just for us but for the track itself since it is rarely used like this… it’s like an unvailing or intro to Edenvale really.

ultimately i see it being a low cost alternative for guys like MPD, Sasha (SG Motorsport etc.) to do some testing… but not a regular thing like Dunnville was on account of distance.

in for watching some drift action

I’ve never been on a track at speed so I would lov to get down on this.

Yeah Nelson’s “Fun Days” are $120 per driver for 6 hours, but are only on Fridays. They’re open to anyone.

But if we wanted to rent the track ourselves we’d first have to find a day that was open… and most weekends are booked up. The cost would definitely be higher than $120 per driver and trying to find enough people from here to pull it off would be difficult.

Different SCCA groups have had days there… but $125 for 1.5 hours for track time doesn’t justify a 3 hour drive IMO. link

http://www.nelsonledges.com/GOTSchedulesDetail.aspx?eventID=81&thisMonth=10

But the important thing is…

It would be nice to convince the management to reserve a weekend for a “funweekend” have the track deal with the insurance/wrecker/ambulance. We promote it, and they get new drivers that normally wouldn’t go on a Friday.

why cant we find a track to go to in our own country? the fact that i will have to travel outside the US is a BIG negative for me. id gladly pay a little extra coin as long as i dont have to worry about being stranded in another country if my car breaks down durring a race. nelsen ledges sounda like fun but maybe we can find something more relaxed?

Because there are none John.

We’ve been doing track days in Canada for 5 years now without people getting stranded. Hell, we’ve had plenty of people blow their cars up at Dunnville and get home just fine. AAA works the same in Canada as it works in the US. And some people have been able to leave their cars overnight at the track. If this was really an issue it would presented itself years ago.

I think I remember your car throwing a belt or something, but I can’t remember how you got home?

Crossing the border is only an issue for those with felonies or no passport / advanced DL.

US tracks have to do everything to sue happy US standards, so the chances of ever having a laid back cheap event like Dunnville in the US pretty unlikely.

Let’s just build our own track.

Bikes? Bikes!

I may have to tag alone one of these track days to check the conditions of the track, if it’s in good condition for bikes/affordable then i’d definitely be in for a track day :tup:

I spent majority of the day runnin to parts stores and replacing belts with cresent wrenches.lol i wish there were more options.:frowning:

I hear ya, but we’re actually lucky to have places like this to go to despite the added distance.

I’m thinking this should be on a Saturday leaving the choice for some to leave Friday night or Saturday morning, like Jeller said.

US tracks are also expensive

$350 weekends are hard to part with, imo

track days are something that I would love to do but the cost of tires + track time + hotel + car maintenance is really turning me off.

Josh, what kind of prices are we looking at for this? Bikes in particular?

No idea. You’re the only one showing any interest so far.

I know that we could probably swing 4-5 riders if the price was right, just from this site at least. Idk what their looking at as for a minimum to have the track.