Duramax...The D.P.F Delete (Diesel guys...chime in)

Alright. So my father’s '09 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 6.6 CC Duramax is only getting just under 300K to an 80L tank.

Upon further inspection, I discovered the DPF to be clogged. In other words…the filter needs to be removed…or replaced.
Being that my father does absolutely fuck all highway driving and never beats the thing (for good reason…only got 7,900K) the filter will just clog up again.

We called around. Got a hold of a dealership that will go along with our plan, and will accept warranty work as long as O.E parts are on the truck when it goes in. Otherwise, he said chip the shit out of it.

Basically I’m asking. Where can we get; and/or is there a COMPLETE kit available locally? DPF delete exhaust (preferably 5") with the tuner?

If there is, he might be interested. If not…the tuner will work as we will custom make his exhaust. I’m thinking of doing some messed up shit anyways.

Right now, we are looking at options. So, any insight would be helpful.

He is researching on the phone. I am researching online. So far…everything is in the states.

So guys…help me make this truck push 1000 ft.lbs of torque…PLEASE:cool:

talk to radek

you think he can tune sr’s? bahaha

talk to him about diesel

Hahaha, I’d be careful. We tried to warranty an 09 6.6 and GM sent someone out to inspect the truck, Decided that there had been a tune done on it - Then removed and voided the guys warranty, leaving him with a 28,000 repair bill.

GM is hardcore against using aftermarket tuning on the duramax’s, be careful when getting carried away with your tuning - GM has gotten alot more strict with warranty claims since we became “government motors”

Do you like the styling of the new trucks? Im quite fond of the new ones but the 99 style dodge is my fave.

06 Silverado 2500 is the best looking late model K series pickup.

Mike, we’re still looking in to options. Tuning this truck is not an issue for us once we have the program or…whatever my father decides to get. But…we’ll see

Very true. Yet, it helps when you know certain people that can push it in. You know? lol

beat me to it.

GM is very strict with there warranty’s now. just a heads up

cut it out pussy

not a problem.
just need a tune to re-program ECM. Once the ECM goes into LIMP mode…whats the point of taking it off? It puts everything into base mode. Base timing and fuel mapping.
Kind of defeats the purpose, now dosn’t it?