E-Test What happens if the car is too low ?

Hey i have to go in for an emissions test soon on my S13 and my car wont be able to make it onto the machine what will happen ?

Engine is a stock ka24de

i’ve heard they will just do an idle test , is this true ?

Lmk Thanks

yep, you’ll get a curb idle test and then they check it at 3000rpm’s for a few seconds. Thats all. Much easier to pass, haha.

wait what???! how do you get your car to not go on the machine?

is this a trick to help you pass e-test ? in this case im slammin my car too lol

I couldn’t back mine onto two separate machines in my town, they never mentioned this! Had to go to a place where they had it built into the ground…just a pain but she passed fine.

you slam it to the ground!

i am on the ground…

then your car shouldnt be able to make it onto the machine , where i am the machine is angled though

^^ Then they’ll just tell you to go elsewhere where they have rollers built into the ground.

That’s what I had to do…never got this curb e-test done before or even heard of it.

Guess the guys by me didn’t really care. My car scraped pullling into the parking lot, then when I pulled it into the shop to get it done. The guy looked at me and the car, said “there’s no way that will fit on our dyno” and gave me a curb idle test.

Just got lucky I guess.

I remember when my exhaust was hanging too low and it couldn’t even properly fit on the Canadian Tire E-test machine. (It’s the one where the rollers are in the ground)

They ended up testing it without putting it on the machine.

Yeah, curb idle test is also used for fulltime AWD vehicles

I do etests… And if a car is too low to fit on a dyne, then they have to go to a in ground dyno. I could lose my liscence if I did a 2 speed idle on a car that is capable of going on a in ground dyne. The 2 speed idle eliminates nox completely, so if some punk ass kids car was failing nox completely, they could do a 2 speed and pass no problem. That’s why you have to actually dyno the car and perform a asm.

save all worries, drive a diesel!! they do a 5 min idle test looking for black smoke.

I have never failed a deisel vehicle in the 2 years I’ve been etesting. You have to look for smoke coming out of the exhaust and it has to be coming out for more than 5 second period, or just constant smoke. Start ups don’t count.

oh sweet! thats totally what i failed!

this summer ill be sparking for sure.

its not called a curb idle test, its a two speed idle, and if the rollers are in the ground, your car is never low enough.

^ he is absolutley right.

ive done etests a couple times at a shop i worked at and only had to do this with the full time awd cars. I never saw a car low enough that it couldnt be tested and there i tested tons of low cars, the machine was the in ground roller typel. doing etests if freaking boring i hated it.

My 180 was curb side tested at CT. The kid in the shop let me stand by the car and explained how he didn’t want to hit my exhaust on the rollers yet all that was on the car were lowering springs that it came with.

Passed with flying colors though!