E34 Touring Progress Thread

you have way too many projects on your hands sir :wink:

looking good tho, you sure are motivated i give you that! goodluck with the missing package, thats lame!

[quote=“MPD47,post:59,topic:29685"”]

Land Mine?

[/quote]

might as well be, for as often as BMW auto-trannies blow up.

UPS found my M3 ZF310, M3 Clutch, PP, and Flywheel. Should be here this afternoon.

^^^ nice story behind that. I’ll let you tell.

Looking great man! This car will be a WELCOME addition to the new place!

[quote=“ryanmcell,post:64,topic:29685"”]

^^^ nice story behind that. I’ll let you tell.

[/quote]

Hahaha, that it wasnt a ZF310 or that the kid accused me of swapping the ZF with a G220 when it got here, or that the clutch looked like a dog chewed on it?

Willz.ca hooked me up with a ZF320 instead.

[quote=“91MR2,post:65,topic:29685"”]

Looking great man! This car will be a WELCOME addition to the new place!

[/quote]

:carnut

Get it done already…geesh :stuck_out_tongue:

How soon til the ZF shows up?

I pick it up sunday night. Driveshaft shows up Tuesday morning hope to have it on the road for a few hundred miles of shakedown, drifting, and burnouts on Wednesday. Shooting to be in Philly a couple days later than expected. (Friday/Saturday) to head out for AKA.

Update?

Built all new shift linkage as the stuff is NLA from BMW. Modified my e34 M5 Trans Xmember, as the part I need is NLA. Modified my brand new driveshaft to fit the diff I want to run as those parts are (you guessed it) NLA. The hydraulic lines are MIA due to Pelican being incompetant, and so I had to make custom ones. Hoping to get the driveshaft and diff in tonight, (and axles) and tomorrow morning bleed brakes and clutch, put the hood back on, put the center console in, slap a seat in it, get the tie rods done and break it in before heading out for AKA (was already supposed to leave).

NLA - No Longer Available or manuf.

Oh yeah, and Tuesday night I blew my back out climbing out from under the car and I was in enough pain I thought I was gonna puke, so I’ve been building stuff as needed and I’ve convinced my father to install the rest of the stuff for me. I am in imense pain and wish I was heavily drugged. I have a very high pain tolerance, and this has me wincing.

damn. let me know if you need an extra pair of hands (in buffalo)

wow dude, great progress. Im realy sorry to hear about all the misfortunes. If theres anything i can lend a hand with just let me know and ill see what i can do.:tup:

oh, and i just hooked up my antilag on my bimmer. sounds and looks like gunshots going off outta my tailpipe.:lol:

Hahaha thanks guys. Cant wait till we can have a little bimmer meet goin on when I get back. The car is actually in Rochester right now as I havent gotten it on the road yet. Hopefully going to get it down and running tomorrow, back was feeling a bit better so I got under and worked on a few things for the past two hours. Going to rest for 9 or 10 hours and hopefully get it back together tomorrow so I can burn some rubber.

I’ll wait to call in the favors for when the S38B36 goes in :wink:

No luck on the hub, Mike (call me Friday). Sorry!

Dave I think I have it taken care of elsewhere, but I’ll give you a ring tomorrow.

damn mike did you blow out your back before like pre-clutch change on the 951?

Much worse, much much worse.

Long day, after 24 hours of fucking with it, I’m STILL not happy with the clutch feel. It engages and doesnt slip, but it feels like crap, definitely needs a pressure bleed (I dont have one). Brakes are bled, mechanicals are done, car is back on the ground.

Oh word to the wise, knockoff Dinan chip is a bad choice… almost melted my car to the ground… whoops!

Let’s seee, tomorrow I have to get the tie rods put on, the car aligned, the hood on and beat the living hell out of it and hope it doesnt break. Oh, gotta put the AC belt on too, supposedly it works… we’ll see about that. Especially since it’s supposed to be 100 plus in Montana, and it’s “cooled down” to 103 in Phoenix… shit.

Maybe some pics of me drifting and doing burnouts tomorrow :wink:

siqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq burnouts are siqqqqqqqqqqqqqq