E34 Touring Progress Thread

Hah, so basically, this never made it on AKA due to an issue which I couldnt track down causing the clutch to not disengage fully. I tore it all down and the only thing I could find that could be wrong was the pressure plate, so I ordered a new one which showed up yesterday. The new one, which is correct and the suspect one arent even CLOSE, hilarious. So that’s in. Hoping to get it back on the road this sunday/monday.

bro, i had the same clutch bleeding issues with my dual diaphram pressure plate/clutch setup. Its VERY important to pull the slave off the tranny and manuely bleed the slave cylinder and pedal while the bleed screw is in the highest upmost position.

good luck, and let me know if you need a hand.

Oh trust me, I bench bled it with about 6 quarts of fluid. Gravity bled it, reverse bled it, pressure bled it. The pressure plate I was sent was completely wrong. I’m 99% sure that was the issue.

Mike knows his bimmers

Are you coming to Phoenix soon ?

Already passed through.

is this monster coming to the track day?

If I get it done, yeah. Been really busy since I got back. I think I’m gonna try and put it back together tonight though.

do it!

to it!

get it done mike. Too bad you finishing your car and me having to redo the clutch since something is bad and it needs to come apart :frowning: well and excuse for a 6puck copper/ceramic unsprung clutch

Finally got back to the garage this was in and put the new Pressure plate and TOB in, which looked completely different than the ones I was previously sold…

Put the trans up into place, with everything “correct”. It was significantly harder to get it to pull in which had me worried for a short while. Finally got the trans up into place, slave installed, driveshaft put into place and started it up. Pumped the clutch a few times, put into first gear and drove right out of the garage (with an open exhaust at 11pm, oops!), drove it right back in with a big smile on my face. Have a ton of minor stuff left to attack but once I put the hood back on, bolt a “seat” down until I locate a set of black manual vaders that are to my liking, and get the tierods/alignment taken care of you’ll start seeing this thing kicking around. Probably next week.

good work! can’t wait to see it.

sell sell sell!

Little preview for now…

http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2526&stc=1&d=1187158090

Won’t believe it til I see it :slight_smile:

congrats… cool

oh god. please let me buy it, tint it, shadowline it, and throw some cams and a chip in there

Very nice :tup: love the wagon :tup: hope to see it at a track day…

Jeller

It will be at the track day, it is being shadowlined and tinted.