Easiest way to swap tranny w/ motor in the car (KA24DE) (Driveway style)

Whats the easiest way to swap tranny? I know it’s just the bellhousing bolts + cross member + sensors + output shaft.

But what about those bitch ass bolts up top? lol

I’ve read a bit, some people say stick a scissor jack in between DP and sway bar, etc. what not.
I’ve read some people don’t even bother with putting the top bolts back in lol…

Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Take it to the halton transmission lolol easiest lol

long extention with a universal adapter and a 14 mm shallow socket. let the tailstock come down a bit first. Bye takin the mount off.

I was thinking the same thing.

chain up the engine. unbolt the tranny mount, engine mount and exhaust manifold at the DP. hoist the engine a tad bit off the mounts, and using the leveler to tip so the engine, so tranny tips towards the ground and that should give us more room to work with.

I don’t think you need to chain the engine, just loosen the mount bolts and pull off tranny cross member and you can tip it if you’re going that direction.

ya I was thinking that too. but I’m worried about the stud, the engine mounts to, might get damaged in the process.

I’m sure if you don’t crank on it , it should be fine because the mounts give play.

Lots of yelling, swearing, and skinned knuckles lol… But you’ll be fine as long as you have patience. Ratchet wrenches help too with those tights spaces.

will, gime a call. I can help.

No need to be touching anything with the engine. Just drop the tranny crossmember and the whole thing will sag enough to get in there to take the top bolts out. But always patience. The top bolts will be a pain. Especially from the ground.

^hence pushing the front of the engine up, forcing the tilt a bit more with a jack. Ive done it 5 times this year, sorry.

Yup. This is the trick. Also helps when sliding the acutal tranny out.

lifting the trans back into position is a pain. if you’re planning on chaining up the motor to tilt it, why not disconnect lines/harness and take it out completely with the tranny connected and do your shit on the floor without getting bloody knuckles. much easier this way IMO

^ Theres waay to many things to disconnect off the motor to make that worth it.

not really… its a ka, takes half hour max