removing engine

removing engine, I just wondering how I can remove the engine w/ tranny… basically I got all the wireing tubing covered.

but there is the tranny mount , engine mount and the linkage to the driveshaft needs to be separated… mm any idea on how I can tackle them

lol am I missing anything else?

it really is quite simple.

driveshaft…empty tranny first, remover shifter, unbolt tanny mount, un bolt engine mounts, disconnect all wires that attach to the motor, unless you are taking the harness out aswell. remove coolant and heater core lines.

it shouldn’t take you more than 4-5 hours to pop it by yourself.

lol sounds soo easy… but the mounts bolts are probaby seized… and I have no impact wrench

get a pipe to fit over your rachet or a breaker bar dude.

it is easy. pay for my gas and all my demands and i’lll come pull it.

demand #1: install my vg30 turbo
demand #2: find me gtr injector resistor pack
demand #3: 1 24 of stella
demand #4: 2 bbq’d burgers
demand #5: dirty ho’s to yell at as i work.

It is pretty straight forward, pulling it is the easy part…

Soak the mount bolts in penetrating lube and give em hell with a propane torch if they seem at all stiff. Breaking a tranny mount bolt sucks.

Other than that, make sure your engine hoist is of the tilting variety. It’ll be pretty hard to get the motor and tranny out as an assembly if you can’t tilt it. Try and run the chain diagonally from a manifold stud at the front to whatever you can find at the back on the opposite side. KAs are easy to pull, it’s almost as if the 240 doesn’t want it in there in the first place.

Drive shaft - 4x 14mm nuts at diff / or if standartd you can remove the yole at the rubber isolater.
If removing the whole thing the hanger bearing bolts are 17mm
The tranny mounts also uses 17 mm bolts and I usually take out 2 and make sure the others are loose before I am ready to pull the engine, so when it is ready you only need to drop 2 bolt instead of 4 when the engine is hooked to the cherry picker.
the engine mounts are easy to get and are 14mm nuts. Passenger side is easier if you remove the oil filter (leave the engine isolaters in the car. remove the 1 14mm nut from each side of the engine on the engine side of the cross member)
If you want to change the engine mounts then remove the mounts/ isolators after the engine is out…they are siezed in some times and can be a bitch, other then that I have worked on some really rusted pieces of crap and never had trouble getting that stuff unbolted and I do not use air tools.