eBay gt45, stock 4.8, goes 9.18@146 in 240sx

Crazy what people are doing with junk yard motors

http://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction/1603780-ebay-gt45-stock-4-8-goes-9-18-146-a.html

“Stock 4.8 with stock 243s
Patriot golds
Ls6 cam
Ls1 intake
eBay Gt45
Stock 240sx rear and axles
Th400
Tuned on hptuners by dkgoodrich”

Just another 240sx without a T56.

I love how he gave the other guy a head start. They didn’t show it, but I am pretty sure he beat him.

this makes me sick. haha

I love how well the ls6 cam works in boosted applications. It’s amazing what you can do on a budget these days. I wish I had the time or the patience to do something like this.

Probably helps the car is light weight :lol:

However if you look at LS1tech people are having good reliability with 4.8, 5.3, and 6.0l setups around the 600-700hp range.

It’s more likely he didn’t care about the other car or the tree and just wanted to get a perfect launch.

Or looks like they were bracket racing since there was already a 9.10 on the board vs 11.something before he started racing :lol:

this is what it looks like… I wouldn’t want that guy coming up behind me lol

I have a 5.3 junk yard “build” in the works to replace my tired ls1. Drop it in, beat the piss out of it, throw a rod, buy another for $400. Spend the money you would spend on a forged internal engine on a built th350 and 12 bolt and you’re good to go.

Fuck. Super cheap 9’s. suck on that

hmmmmmmmmm

As soon as he switches to 3.54s in the rear it is expected to go 8’s.

This Is Very Close Too The Setup I Plan To Run, Except 4L80 And A Forged 370 With A Much Bigger Turbo :slight_smile:

PLEASE get those plates you sent me earlier.

meh, i’d rather have a much slower 240sx that takes advantage of what the chassis is good for… great cheap FR chassis with huge aftermarket.

1/4 mile application is a waste imho and not worth really gabbing over.

To Each There Own, The Way I See It You Could Swap Some Street Tires On The Back Of That Thing And Possibly Dial Back The Boost A Little And Do Whatever You’d Like. It’s A Great All Around Car.

Gay