Electric Fans

does garages13 still do those electic fans with shrouds?

I heard they were good…

anyone??

yup… same experience, the coolant temp switch setup doesnt work well.

wire a switch to ignition power (so you control the fans while the car is on, and shuts off automatically when the car is off) is the best bet, using a relay

what about cooling the car down with a turbo timer?[/quote]

turbo timers are a waste of money IMO just dont bag your car for your last little bit of your drive and you will be fine…[/quote]I agree with this.

But I dissagree with the notion that running the fan AFTER the engine is off does any good. With the engine off there isn’t 1 single joule of heat energy being produced. As soon as the engine is off, the engine is cooling down. It’s cooling down pretty slowly on a hot day, but it is cooling off nonetheless. Your coolant canot boil after the engine is shut down.[/quote]

I’ve heard/seen at a auto shop a big sign that says after 15 minutes the internal heat of your car is actually hotter than when it was on. So go buy this…but the fact of the matter is…i really don’t know, a sign told me.

i was thinking of running a turbo timer on my car to keep the electric waterpump and fans going…if i leave the two on for a minute, it drops 60 degrees F

what about cooling the car down with a turbo timer?[/quote]

turbo timers are a waste of money IMO just dont bag your car for your last little bit of your drive and you will be fine…[/quote]I agree with this.

But I dissagree with the notion that running the fan AFTER the engine is off does any good. With the engine off there isn’t 1 single joule of heat energy being produced. As soon as the engine is off, the engine is cooling down. It’s cooling down pretty slowly on a hot day, but it is cooling off nonetheless. Your coolant canot boil after the engine is shut down.[/quote]

I’ve heard/seen at a auto shop a big sign that says after 15 minutes the internal heat of your car is actually hotter than when it was on. So go buy this…but the fact of the matter is…i really don’t know, a sign told me.[/quote]

They are right, i run a mechanical water temp gauge, and as soon as i turn the 440 off, it jumps a good 20-30 degrees, hence y i setup my cooling system different.