engine mount inserts

I was looking at engine mount inserts for stock mounts as a temp. fix for my older mounts.

Does anyone know of good companies and where I can find these in Toronto?

Wut do u guys think of these, I’ve seen them made by energy suspension, not familar with them. But any comments are welcome.

Thanks,

Andrew

I belive you can use 3m polyurathane adheasive, or somthing like that and it should solve your problems. It should make them rock hard, anyone know the proper name of that stuff?

Yeah,

I’ve heard of that too. Anyone?

I’ve got Energy Susupension inserts in my prleude… they cost about $65. gives the car a really rough idle (especially with the a/c on), but u can actually feel that the power is being put to the ground… definately helped with wheelhop (not that u guys have that prob)

Weld them solid, but I have also herd you can stick some quick drying silicone in the center bushing.

want me to see if i can dig up that scc article where they used some 3M stuff to stiffen them?

yes please do :slight_smile:

You might able to find the article at the SCC website.

after searching SCC, I found nothing. Someone want to help me out here? Or i guess I’ll be experimenting lol

i have the magazine with the article but no way to get it on computer. hmmm lemme try something…

3M polyurethane window weld. I’m gonna try it on my mounts next week. I’ll post how it goes :slight_smile:

looks good. let me know how it goes cuz my mounts are done

will do. If it goes well, I’ll write a how to :slight_smile:

weld a bar from the chassis to your head. There you go, no more engine vibration :lol:

Actually, my engine mounts are worn. When I have the engine out, I should do something about it. Your remarks are not needed.

However, if you have a childesh remark, the pm button is on the bottom left of my post.

Thanks,

Andrew.

remeber that post on FA about that guy that mounted a shock to his engine and the side of the strut tower?

ya lots of companies make that in japan…

Just Weld Your Engine to your STB.

I’m hoping it does. Be a good cheap alternative. Guess I’ll find out :slight_smile:

wtf kinda reply is that? you know im a gino.