Engine Swap Question : Ka24e

Ok i have an automatic engine, and a standard tranny. I want to know what needs to be done to the engine in order for it to work properly with the Standard tranny. I think i heard somethign about a pilot bushing but i wasnt too sure. I just need this car running and i have been pretty lazy lately workin and all… so if someone could please give me some insight it would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks…

an automatic engine? wow, nissan engineering keeps amazing me

If you’re meaning that your car is currently automatic and you’ve got a manual tranny you’re wanting to swap in, then have a look around the forums here because there should actually be some pretty good info on this around.

Basically, you’ll need a bunch of extra parts to do it, but it can be done.

For example some things to consider might be the pedals, shifter, possibly ECU, master/slave cylinder and lines and what not.

Good luck.

I’d have to agree with the above.

There is a lot of information on the net regarding this swap and parts needed. Do a couple more searches on google/yahoo and I guarantee you will find the information you need.

I’ll give you one freebie, look at 240sx.org (http://www.240sx.org/links/installs/s14_5speed_swap.htm)

I think there is a way of trickin the ecu into thinking the car is always in neutral, you prolly cont need an ecu but Im not sure. Google search " auto to manual swap 240sx"

yeah search.