ErnGotti's 08 EvoX

^^ lolz

Hey guys, the car doessssss break loose…and its the ass end (RWD-esque) it doesn’t push like a FWD, the steering is far too tight. I plan on tracking it all summer first, to get real-time results, not just spirited street driving. If I find that, once I’ve gotten the hang of sharp cornering in this car and its still ass happy, I obviously need stickier tires. And I dont think you guys disagree with that. I’m only on Ventus tires now. I know for a fact its gonna kick…but I dont wanna spend money on some high quality shit if 9.5’s are still not sticky enough.

One other thing I’m trying to compensate for, is…: I’ve noticed a GTO 6.0L AND a G8 GT both pulled on me at higher speed (65mph +) and thats not something I care to happen anymore. Thus more power will be going into the car over the next year or so (I hope, anyways) and that will make the tires even more likely to break out when throttling around corners. I dont want to buy wheels and tires and then be disappointed that the shits break out when I only have <400 awhp. Thats stupid.

lol omg

Ernie, stop.

The tail happiness can be solved with suspension parts and for the love of god sit and look through evom before you post on here

I don’t think you understand what is causing your handling issue, or whether it is really there or your driving style. Regardless, trying to fix that with tire size is a mistake. Leave the car alone, get an alignment and do all maint items, then put someone with experience behind the wheel for a second opinion.

Please listen to JClark. Atleast this guys giving you advice without making fun of you…

Cant you adjust the power split between the front and rear wheels?

evo has three different center differential modes: snow, gravel, and tarmac

but its nowhere near the STi’s capability to change it up though

Fixed.

Ernie did you ever get new tires or you still rocking those bald ones you bitches about in winter??

i was referring to the center differential, not the motor :lol

I love when erngotti post in this thread.:rofl

Becasue its not the same dia.

Staggered as in width has zero to do with anything. you could run a steam roller drum for rear tires… as long as the outside dia is the same as the fronts.

255/40 R18:
DIA: 26.0

265/35 r18:
DIA: 25.3

put it this way, math works out that the 26" tire will roll 775 times in a mile, where as the 25.3" tire will roll that same mile 797 times.

so for every mile your center differential will hate life 22 times every mile, if it even made it a mile. :rofl

ANNND furthermore, a 255 VS a 265 is all of about 3/8" wider! lol thats big leap in foot print there! :rofl

ALSO keep in mind, you retards, actual sizes (dia and widths) vary greatly between manufactures and even models within the same manufacturer. So mix and matching shit gets very difficult.

Truff has been said

Honestly I don’t know where to start so I’m not even going to try. I’m almost embarrassed to admit I have the same car as you. Please sell it and go with a RWD vehicle because that’s obviously where your heart is.

Just went back a page to read more lolz and i almost felt like ErnGotti he was being sarcastic in his posts to sound dumb, and knowin he is serious is just killing me :rofl

If the ass end feels light cant that car dial out power with the center diff’s computer? I dont know shit about them, but I thought they are very computer controlled cars.

also tires aren’t the end all be all to traction. look at spec cars all running the same tires, yet handle completely different one to the next.

Have you even taken an IR gun to the tires after a run around the cones??? check the temps across the tread width, easiest way to see where your lacking setup wise. Air pressure is a free adjustment tool that can change a lot about the car mess with that. What about adding some toe adjustments, or camber? Rebound/compression? Swaybar adjustments?

GOOD suspension tooners can do wonders without changing to a sticky uber race tire to make the car stick. Slapping on sticky slicks is like upgrading the intercooler because you think the other one is causing power loss… when it might not be the case.

Wait, he wants to run a staggered setup to fix a handling issue, where width matters a great deal. Or did I miss the point? I tried to read the last page but my brain hurts.

Exactly right. The car has super all wheel control, active stability control, active yaw control, active center differntial and so on. I can assure you that it’s not the car. :lol

Throttle = on/off switch.