ErnGotti's 1990 240SX Gold Hatch

You need to lose all of the Sound Deadining tar from the floor… No sence in stripping the interior out if youre leaving all the sound deadning… Big weight savings by removing that shit.

I wouldn’t say big weight savings, maybe 100-150 lbs

I was going to strip my sound deadening but it’s a pain in the cock and not really that worth it

100 to 150lbs is a lot… consider the weight of the rear seat and carpet weighs what? 25lbs at the most?

Its easy as hell to get it off, dry ice, hit it with a hammer, it breaks into peices… If you wanna do it and need a hand let me know… Its definatly worth it to get rid of it… Plus it looks a hell of a lot better without it

alright cool, I’ll let you know if I decide to do that this summer

i will say it definitely looks nicer without it

sir sound deadening is not 100-150lbs… try 25lbs.

Indeed…25lbs at MOST. Dry ice is the best way to get it out. Ernie…how about a nice bet for the 16th? :wink:

sorry weight gurus…I will make sure if and when I take my sound deadening out I will measure every last ounce of it to make sure once and for all how much it weighs

:wink:

You better… or ELSE

From an S14 though…

“So far between sound deadening, random brackets, bumper supports, air bags, the difference between stock exhaust and my new trust titanium, plus some other things… It all weighed up a little over 150lbs”

…I couldn’t imagine the sound deadening material being 100lbs-150lbs of that. :wink:

I’m bringing it to have the cage welded and when I do the misc. rust spots, hatch holes and floor pan/frame rail are getting welded too. But I wanted the suspension and seats in BEFORE that so the cage could tie it all in. Also the seats needed to be mounted anyways so the Harness bar height could be correct.

No thanks. I’m not trying to soak every .1 whp out of this car. I like comfort in my interior. I’m putting a new carpet in at some point this summer too. I wasn’t the one who stripped it. I’m glad the back seat is gone though.

I have thought about your bet but here’s the deal:

1.) You have had experience at this track. I have not.
2.) Your response to #1 will be “Well the first time I went I still placed first without knowing the track.”
3.) My response to #2 is “You now have a SUBSTANTIAL increase in power.”
4.) I will accept your bet in September. By then the RB will be up and running in the hatch and the playing field will be level: We will BOTH have experience there, we will BOTH have good suspension setups, and we will BOTH have good power.

Deal?

i’ll place a friendly $5 bet with one of you guys on the 16th :smiley:

no but srsly, definitely introduce yourselves to me. my car will likely stick out, but i can only imagine how many 240’s will be there :lol

Sorry to say this but I’m unfamiliar with your car…

I will prolly have one of one or two 240’s there.

link’s in my signature. it’s a red 1988 mr2 s/c

lol yeah…sore thumb amongst the vettes!! just like me but i’ll be black not arrest me red!

I’ll be running on my backup bone stock GSR motor…my ITR motor ate itself today.

So I heard. Valve kissed a pissed at 8 g’s Think you’ll have it rebuilt for september?

Extreme G forces from vtec killed itself?

I’ll be running my backup GSR motor for the rest of the year. I’ll have the ITR motor rebuilt by next year sometime, I just have to make up my mind on which route to go.

Painted it this weekend WooHoo! Custom mix by yours truly. Pure gloss black base coat with a medium silver flake & lilac pearl. Sunlight makes her glimmer. No the door jambs are not done but I plan on spraying everything that remains gold with rubberized undercoat.

Before:

After paint:

A bit too much flake and pearl for my taste…but looks good.