evo tranny help

we are haveing problems gettin the tranny out of this evo. we are trying to change the clutch. assitance needed or welcome to come help

Having trouble with the TOB?

yes thats the only thing we r stock on if u want to give more detail u can call us at 716 5129391

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

ok well i guess we got it

I might be doing the clutch in my evo for the first time so I’ll be running into this problem too with an ACT TOB.

But if you guys have been going at it for a while now, your best bet is to rotate the crank by hand and unbolt the 6 PP bolts one by one so it comes off with the trans.

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

Good stuff

thanks for the help tho bro

The wedge collar needs released from the TOB or the trans will not come out ever. If its released the clutch fork will rest all the way over to one side and stay there… if your fork arm is not forced to one side like its disconnected, then its not disconnected.

If it is, and its still not moving its cause there are pins that the trans rests on that stick out of block and trans… use a big breaker bar type flat head and wedge it off. wedge AFTER the gasket type piece inbetween the trans and block… the gasket /metal plate is bolted to the block itself… it does not come out with trans.

hope this helped. also you need to pull the spline gear from the transfer case out also, or the trans wont disconnect from the tcase.

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

Just in case you missed it, remember there is one bolt that is hard to get to, and easy to forget about. This is the one that goes from the transfer case side into the trans. It’s usually easier to get to once the transfer case is separated from the trans. It’s the only bolt that secures it from this side (excluding transfer case bolts). This bolt is located slightly above and forward of the transfer case. It’s to reach it from the top.

That info should come in handy. Thank You.