expected power of "semi built" KA?

what kind of power would be expected of a

kA24DE with

• Aftermarket cams (not sure of intake or exghaust #s or brand even- please recomend)
  • lightened fly wheel
  • intake
    -exghaust stock manifold highflow cat and 2.5inche piping
  • aem intake cold air intake

I know stock they make 155hp and 160ft/lbs of tq but how much of a difference would these mods make?

the reason for this is i am rocking a SOHC ka right now and was going to do an sr swap but think i will wait and buy a swaped 240.

thanks scott K

Sohc has 140hp not 155, with those mods i’d say you’d be making around 160 if your lucky

its not worth it man, if your going to go SR anyways.

KA24ET FTW.

yeah turbo baby

those mods won’t do much in terms of HP/TQ. maybe +/-25HP depending on the cams and the TUNE(cause you will need one to get the most out of those mods). its not worth it unless you are just looking for a few extra pony’s.

if you want cheap power then turbo your single cam. it can be done for chaep if you do the work your self and will have enough TQ to put most sr’s in the ground.

but if you really want an sr then save your money and look for the right deal to come along. g/l

peace

How soon are you going to do a SR swap? If you’re working towards that for the anytime-near future, just save up for the SR…

I just finished my brothers KADE with the following mods

Injen CAI
DC Sports Headers
3-inch Greddy exhaust and cat
Fidanza flywheel
Aluminum driveshaft

Car made 137whp 156tq on U2ndyno dynapack.

you might make 155 at the wheels if you are lucky…with those mods

i ment putting a dohc with those modes and pulling out my sohc. and as for sr i was thinking selling my car some time next year and getting a swapped car already just because it is so much cheaper to buy one already swaped. or may invest in another car like a skyline.

thanks scott