F1 tuning claims 30% hp increase, 40% tq increase, you believe it?

I bet if your car was totally 100% out of tune then these guys can surely get 30% increase in hp but if you think you have a good set up and a fairly good tune you could get barly any hp increase

I think this is awesome. I prop ya for spending the greenbacks , but keeping low expectations…but shows there is still HOPE in this world. Im glad and anxious to see if you get more than20 hp. I would think that’s absolute max…and understand when I say all this, I still have HOPE there is a Santa Claus.

I hope you prove there is a Santa. I really do!

exactly I say save your money and buy a 75shot

this will make under 240Rwhp. thats my guess

The tune is $490 and im a big boy little guy, if I can rip up $500 when I am extremely mad at someone to prove a point and I can paypal liski money for no damn reason at all I THINK ill be alright spending $490 in hopes that ill see SOME kind of gain… I wont lie to you, I’d kinda be dissapointed with anything less then a 20HP(not20%) however an exhaust and intake which imo would make LESS then a 20hp gain would be FAR FAR more expensive then the price of this tune… I have thought it out, there really is no way to loose.

lousy intake for my car, $400 alone.
http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/E39-540i-Carbon-Fiber-Conforti-Cold-Air-Intake

the name is why its expensive. its Jim Conforti.

The good thing is you’re not expecting the claims they’ve given you. It’ll be interesting to see how it does. I checked out their site last night just to see if they have any asterisks or fine print by their claims, but there weren’t any except for when you look up the applications. If I recall, you have a 540, right? If so, I think they made a claim of +30-40hp. So if that’s true, that’d be about 25-33whp which is believable.

Thats alot imo no? 25whp horsepower for less then $500? Where else can you get that?

used nitrous kit :excited

u sure they didnt mean 30hp? on their website they only claim up to 60hp on the 335, and thats with more boost. so only 20% on a turbocharged application. did f1 tell you this or autohaus?

edit i guess others just said that didnt read the last 2 posts.

cant wait for the results.

is your car a diesel!?!??!!? :rofl :rofl

Happy to see you’re trying it out! Can’t wait to see results!!

I hope it makes some power, I’ll feel bad if it doesn’t. I don’t think they expect you to call their bluff by getting it dynoed third party…

Mail-order “tune” for my car is $50

Granted it’s just a rescale for the bigger turbo/injectors that I’m putting on it, but I should make another 150whp

Dyno’d car today as well as dropped off my car at Autohaus directly after. Of course with anything IM involved in theres complications so instead of the 1 hr tune they have to mail my ecu out and have it flashed/tuned by the person they mail it to. I guess they are not capable of flashing the e39 ecus themselves, only newer model bmws like the 335 they did… This being said it should take about 2-3 days so I guess well just have to wait until then.

what were your numbers brah!

wooooooow. it’s probably just conforti software or something.

face. fucking. palm.

baseline numbers

Yea whatd this thing laydown

Should be like 280ish, but that Dynapack can be cruel.