Fashion Thread: Men's Accessories

http://www.adamcarolla.com/ACPBlog/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Final_Jacket_Carolla_Book_SM.jpg

my brother is all about selectism right now.

i was taken to all of these boutique clothiers on Queen with him a few weeks ago. If you don’t keep up on the stuff you find out there are all these really interesting mini-brands that are producing very cool stuff and they do it in montreal, NYC or right in Toronto.

i bet there are even some cool dudes making wicked shit in buffalo, as hard as that is to believe.

Heck, Pittsburgh has Michael Kobold.

another good ebay find i took advantage of last week:

Scottish made cashmere scarfs for $10

I picked up two of these scarfs as gifts for other people and i’ll likely go back to top up other gifts. Moreover, they’re cheap enough where you could considering buying different colours to match other items in your warddrobe… normally scarfs of this grade in a store like Saks or Barney’s etc. would be well over $100 each and you’d pretty much just buy a grey or black one and wear it all the time. Good opportunity to get some cheap colour ona high quality item in your wardrobe.

Also, these are absolutely perfect for chicks or hipster dudes (<Canadian Definition). I’m getting a couple for my brother’s and sister… would have done them for the women in the office this year but my wife already has a little candle arrangement thing set aside for them.

I highly doubt that any professional assassin from Croatia is going to spend $215 on a pair of zip up gloves.

I only came in here out of curiosity because of the post in the homosexual undertones thread and now I will be :io:

^Jay likes it “in and out”, lol.

not unlike some of the other guys in here!

:rimshot:

I really need to up my fashion accessory game. I have a bad habit or ruining my clothes because i get distracted and start doing DIY projects before changing. The only time i wear my higher-end apparel anymore has been for business networking. Networking in Las Vegas kills me, because i always get excited about this stuff there…and splurge.

• misc. watches
  • tiffany & Co. cuff links
  • luis vuitton shoes - BY FAR THE BEST QUALITY SHOE

br03:
http://www.certifiedwatchstore.com/product_images/s/223/Bell_%26_Ross-BR03-51_GTM__78545_zoom.jpg

keep the watch-talk in the watch thread :slight_smile:

I’m pretty sure LV outsources shoe production, as does Prada and others, to artisenal shoe-makers in Italy.

The Vero Cuoio logo is on the bottom or inside a lot of different brands…

I forget where i read this… it was recent.

*edit - RE: Prada in the mid 90’s on Wikipedia

The company owned eight factories and subcontracted work from 84 other manufacturers in Italy

A lot of the European super-high-end brands outsource to a whole bunch of white-label factories of high end products.

When i was in Florida at the Saw Grass Mills mall a few months ago there is a MALO outlet there… shit is intense… and Loro Piana… These italian companies have their own brands but also appear to produce quite a bit of private label stuff for other major brands as well.

This is the kind of stuff I am going to hold off on getting into until I hit the “money to burn” stage. If you’re going to do something, do it well.
Baller status to get chicks is all relative. In HS it’s having a running car and some AE/Hollister shit. In college it’s drinking Three Olives instead of Mr. Boston, having a room to yourself, and being able to go out to dinner at a restaurant, not at the dining hall. Now I’m in the stage where it’s a decent job, decent car, and a house. Expensive cuff links and pocket squares must come further down the line.

i bet you dress like a 40 year old ex-OHL hockey player!

It’s so easy to switch between the two though!

why are you not coming skydiving (simulated) on saturday?

Well said, sir.

And what would this look like? LOL

I pretty much agree with this. I like having some nicer luxury stuff, but I definitely don’t feel like I want to overdo it at this point.

I do still want some of those CF collar stays…might put that on my “stocking stuffer” list for x-mas.

Because this is the first I’m hearing about it? Tell me about it tomorrow night.

^^^ it’s in the skydiving thread negro

football jersey’s, jogging pants outside of the house, that kind of shit. subconsciously buying everything 3 sizes too big under the guise of comfort only because you don’t want to be percieved as either ‘getting it wrong’ or ‘trying too hard’.

Pocket squares can come dangerously close to poncey. Plus I’m sure there’s a rule about complimenting the color to your tie that probably makes the whole thing more crusty than it should appear. I sometimes still catch myself with contrasting belt and shoes and feel juvenile.

pocket squares are so hot right now.

i picked up a set of 3 at Brooks Brothers the other day it was like $15 for all… only had one chance to sport them.

i did bid on several Duchamp ‘pochettes’ but i can’t really justify spending $50 on a 10" square piece of silk with flowers on it.

plus, maybe it’s jsut me but i dont have a tie, or anything else for that matter, that will match with this:

![http://i.ebayimg.com/07/!B95Vz2!EWk~$(KGrHqEOKkMEzHmuY(1iBM7ElVsHDw~~_12.JPG](http://i.ebayimg.com/07/!B95Vz2!EWk~$(KGrHqEOKkMEzHmuY(1iBM7ElVsHDw~~_12.JPG)

and yes they really are $50+