Fashion Thread: Men's Accessories

I guess I’ll redeem myself after the suit post. It came straight from the store in Paris. It’s a little beat up now but its by far the best wallet I’ve ever had.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d50/Shockwave179/DSC_0411.jpg?t=1291171630

Okay, I’m calling it out:

Weirdo, are you gay? This is 100% serious. Cuz you seem like a total butt monger, srsly.

Either that, or you’re a totally douchey 26 yr old.

i wouldn’t say I’d be considered a hipster by any means compared to what people typically consider hipster (latfh.com). however I do dress, hm. compared to a guy at a bar who has a pocket square I’d look like a scumbag. but I’m always clean, and I’d say I do pretty damn well in the cute girl department

^I wasn’t referring to you lol, don’t worry.

i like this… obscure brand that appears to be pretty sick quality…and since no one has heard of it there are wicked deals on ebay for their stuff

longchamp search

The hell is a pocket square?

…goes to look it up…

Oh for fuck’s sake it’s called a handkerchief.

If I can’t blow my snotty nose in it, it’s not worth it.

Alright lets stop shitting up their fancy thread. Don’t want to get slapped now do we?

http://www.nyspeed.com/showthread.php?212477-DIY-Man-Laws.

motorcross, im not gay. and hardly douchey in person. but this is the internet, ya know, colloquialism and hyperbole rule here.

and bing, longchamp is a pretty revered brand. in europe its on par with coach. its pretty good craftsmanship, for decent value when compared to LV, gucci, fendi, yves, etc. they have flagships in every major shopping district.

“We gotta bury burberry we can’t wear that no mo (Foxy).”

Burberry rebranded drastically a couple years ago. Their main concern was distancing themselves from the Chav community of lower middle class Brits who were buying bootlegged Burberry pattern hats and scarves and wearing it with their shady unlimited track suits or football jackets. Burberry thought this was murdering their brand for their intended demographic and scaled back the patterns on their collection or using it less recognizably by changing it to a gray or navy colourway.

They also publicly told ja rule to stop wearing their stuff in his videos since it was making their brand desirable to an audience that simply couldn’t afford to wear the brand, thus more bootlegging.

I thought that was a little racist at the time but if you consider burberrys cultural relevance and connections with British military, I guess there’s a heritage worth protecting. I net that rap lyric posted was a reaction to the ja rule fiasco. Jay z kinda did the same thing with cristal champagne a couple years ago because a spokesman for Louis roderer was quoted as saying he wasn’t pleased with the demand that rappers have inflated for their product because it was never their target market. So now jay z puts Dom perrignon in every video he can.

i’m a pretty big fan of burberry to be honest.

they do have some of their gear made in China, which is gay, but by and large they use nice trim cuts and very nice materials on subtle pieces. I have a burberry cashmere sweater that i bought a few years back and i just had it tailored to fit a bit better 3 weeks ago. shortened the sleeves and raised the wasteline an inch. It’s a fantastic piece even though it’s chinese made.

i tried on a suit at the burberry outlet the other day on black friday. Great cut, made in italy and felt real nice… if they have it on boxing week i’ll grab it, i just wasnt in the mood to buy a suit last week.

usually can’t justify buying burberry even at outlet prices unless it’s boxing week or black friday pricing… but still worth it in many cases for a couple nice go-to pieces.

is this thread for real?

yes.

as with the watch thread on nyspeed that is nearly 30 pages… people who want to hate should just ignore it really.

Trying to figure this out myself.

It’s for real and it’s the most viewed thread on the first page of the off topic forum. Which means people are reading it but because of dumb questions like yours people are embarrassed to participate.

watch thread? you have cell phones now it tells time?

i don’t hate it just didn’t think straight dudes with cars in mind were that metro? at least not here in pittsburgh

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

dumb questions? how so? i didn’t know people were this intrigued with burberry, pocket squares, and watches

Think Jay actually drinks Armand de Brignac which is a Cattier product. Although he supplies his lounges with Krug and Dom after the Cristal ordeal.

Anyway back on topic.

http://www.thestatenislandboys.com/Cutsey_little_guys/TheVillagePeople.jpg

:dunno: do these guys “accesorize” themselves well?

My understanding is that Pittsburgh has diversified industry away from steel and stands as a model of how the process should be done for other former one-horse economies.

The result has been a pretty serious restaurant scene that i’ve read about ($75 a person for food + wine type joints) and other great white or gold-collar jobs.

The kinds of people that are attarcted to the new Pittsburgh will inherently be the same type interested in this thread.

Moreover, Michael Kobold, a resident of Pittburgh, bases the newest and best American watch company out of Pittsburgh and is gaining international reknown for his pieces.

he started making them in his room in university and now you cant get them for under $3k to start. And he’s a car guy with tactical driving experience which led to his relationship with Ranulph Fiennes.

you can’t be a car guy without having a mind for details. you’re jsut not applying that to yourself, that’s all.

so keep the hate out… maybe pick up a couple tips