fedex lost my transmission!!!

I shipped my core transmission 2 weeks ago on tuesday and I was wondering why I did not recieve my $1000 for my core transmission yet. so I call FPS and ask if they got the tranny.

“no we still havent recieved it”

now they have been MORE than understanding with this so I look up my trasking number and is says the transmission is on the truck for delivery… that status is dated for the 28th of july!!! so i call fedex customer service and file a claim. I have talked to several people on this and they said it is very unlikely that I wil ever see this tranny again.

if it was on the truck for delivery who is responsibility is it? does the driver pay for it? because if it was on the truck and it was never dropped of and signed for that means the driver stole it? I’m so pissed about this!!

so basicly i gues this means FUCK FEDEX

it basically means FED EX owes u 1000 bux…i am assuming u put insurance and ish on it and stated the value to be 1000

If you didnt put insurance on it, you’re an idiot. If you did, go file a claim.

who are these several people you talked to because they obviously dont know anything.

1. just becuase it was scanned as being on that truck doesnt mean it actually made it onto the truck.
  2. The driver could have brought it back to the terminal for some reason and its sitting there with no one noticing.
  3. It could have been delivered and that final scan didnt work and the transmission place could have misplaced it.

This is what you do.

1. Call 1-800-GoFedEx (1.800.463.3339).
  2. Ask whoever you talk to for the phone number of the final destination terminal for the package.
  3. Call the terminal and ask to speak to a P&D manager.
  4. Have the tracking number, address and phone number of the place it was being shipped to, and a general discription of what the package looks like (i figure you got it packed in something).
  5. Explain the situation to them.
  6. They will then check the terminal to see if it is sitting around somewhere and they will talk to the driver to see what he/she has to say about it.

I highly doubt a driver would risk their job to steal a tranny. Chances are its just misplaced in the terminal.

First, get your $1000 from FED-EX.
Second, hope it gets delivered and collect $1000 from FPS too.
Third, happy ending.

i did file a claim and they are waiting for a call back from the terminal in georgia.

FPS definately didn’t recieve the transmission. they are a very honest company and have had the reputation from the beginning. i’ll let their claims service do their job they called me with a update, and said they are investigating the terminal. they did ask for a description of the package. “its in a 3’X2’X2’ black plastic crate with a huge ford emblem on the top… and its 130lbs”

UPS FTW

It would be sweet if thats how it worked, but it doesnt. once fedex pays the claim on the item, if it is found, it becomes their property because they paid for it. I deal with this stuff all day.

I wouldnt blame fedex, though you are having a bad experience right now, it could have happened no matter who you used. They all encounter problems. Just a week or so ago, i shipped an engine block to Norway for Phil@innovativeand it got there in 2 days when we were told 2 weeks+ !!

go figure!

next time you need something like this shipped, let me know.

Saved me about 3/4 the cost, too. :smiley: Thanks again Joe. Hope you get your money either way, Alex.

do you deal with just larger items, or everything?

odds are the label just got ripped off and they will have to figure it out

if it can go fedex, i can take care of it.

What kind of sense does this make?

it makes perfect sense
I work at UPS and that can happen, someone scans it into the truck and it just never goes into the truck, or… possibly while in the truck, the label falls off or is no longer readable, when it gets to wherever its going, they dont know where the transmission is supposed to go, so they will have to figure it out…

just my .02 on what could have happend

makes perfect sense, if you’ve ever worked there you would realize that well. The workers sometimes tend to throw stuff/not pack it right, fall off the truck before the door was closed.

Either way good luck bro

a lot. Depending on the size of the package or where along the route the stop is the package might be staged outside the truck until the end of the night and be tail loaded. So a package handler could scan the package to the right truck and leave it outside the truck, then at the end of the sort when there is a mad rush to wrap everything up and get the drivers out someone could have tried to help and thrown it on a different truck, or there could have been something wrong with the packge (i.e. wet, ripped, something dripped onto it) but the barcode was still scanable, so it got scanned, but not fixed in time to be put on the truck.

I’ve been working at FedEx for over 3 and a half years so i have seen just about every odd thing that could happen.

It does not make perfect sense. UPS and fedex advertise that the customer will be able to track their package. So if the tracking # shows that the package is on the truck, the package better be on the fucking truck.

bah, it makes perfect sense … companies can say anything they want, as long as the customer doesnt find out its not true

for example … dealerships where the car company only rates the SERVICE dept on customer satisfaction, but the dealship then uses that rating as word of mouth advertising for their collision dept

98% fixed on teh first vist my ass …

riiiiiight because every other buisness is run perfectly all the time :rolljerk: