finding a RHD 240?

why rhd?

rhd 240 coupe = silvia
rhd 240 hatch = 180sx

for 3500 you can grab one of the ones at tiger jap. normally i would never ever recomendd this but since u mentioned it doesnt have to be running then i would say go for it.

the ones there are running, but for how long is anybody’s guess.
they also might have a bit of rust but frames will typically be better thenmost cdn 240’s.

cheers

If you just want to fuck around with a car, why such a high price tag?

you guys aren’t very bright go to japaneseusedcars.com register and you can probably get one down here for 4k i’ve owned two right hand drive cars most guys that bring them down and sell them and pretend to be a dealership are just ripping you off. it makes me laugh seeing these cars sell for like 7-8k when the original price landed in Canada was like 2500. Don’t let anyone fool you.

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/showthread.php?t=44903 … give me 4500 and you can take it

just like everyone else in that thread is saying…

i would have taken his thumbs (one for each turbo he blew), or at least made him either buy the car for full price, or pay for the new turbo/motor…or hop into whatever car he showed up in, and took IT to 9500.

how did you let him just walk away after doing that???

what a fucking scrote-comber.

why such a high price tag?
i plan on working on it, modifying mostly, i do not have the tools to repair things such as rusted frame rails, or immense body damage or rust

i want something decently clean

Why RHD?

i dont know, ive always been interested in RHD

hey I have a 1993 nissan silvia RHD for sale around your price, check it out and let me know. http://www.son240sx.org/forums/showthread.php?t=45642

Reviving an old thread, Although im sure the OP is long gone, just wanted to get a point across.

What you have said it true but at the same time there are still high quality vehicles in Japan that command a high price tag. It is very annoying that everyone thinks every import from Japan is worthless and can be brought here for pennies.

Just like you can buy a $10,000 240sx here that is well maintained and proper, so to can you buy a similar 240sx that is a shit hole for $2,000. The same goes for the Japanese market. You can buy an abused r32 gtr hat needs tlc for a few thousand bucks or a well maintained, fully documented and cared for r32 gtr for tens of thousands (im talking purchase price in Japan). A quick search of the auctions and dealers in Japan right now brought up several several R32 GTR’s selling for 1,700,000 yes or more ($20,000+ purchase price in Japan).

Also not to mention that landed price and registered on the road in Ontario price are very different beasts. To get a car landed in BC isnt much. Once you factor in brokers fees, taxes, customs, inland transportation, registration, plates, , certification, e-test, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc the price adds up fast.

You add on extra’s like warranty, detailing, replacement parts such as tires, batteries, etc and now the price is even higher. But this is what the dealers do (at least the good ones).

lol just go live in japan bud.

Yea they have all the RHD 240’s you could ever dream of :slight_smile:

check tigerjapanese o if u want to drive 6 hours, go to montreal, i hear they have rhd vehcles mad cheap

6000 is wat i paid for my 180sx