Firearm BS thread

Thanks. That would be a drive for sure.

I will likely try Wolcott. I didn’t know they had a 50 yard range.
Or at least I did not recall as I have not gone there in 3 years.

If I had something to use as a backstop, I could probably get away with doing it in my back yard.

I’m probably going to buy a cheap amazon bipod to help.

Its only a 22 right? If you collect your junk mail and put it in a few boxes that’s all you need to stop them. A 22 won’t go through a phone book FYI.

I think my last 7 or 8 phonebooks went straight into the recycle bin.

I’ll keep an eye out for some ruffage

My dad gave me my late uncles old shotgun today.

According to the serial number it looks to be a 1949 Ithaca model 37. 16 guage and mod choke.

Very light weight and seems pretty smooth but has not been cleaned in at least 20 years and not fired in my lifetime.

Now ill have to see what can be done to clean it up.

1 Like

Just take it apart, give it a good cleaning and cover it in oil. Throw a bunch of lead down range and do it all over again. If the barrel is clear send it.

1 Like

2 Likes

No more shooting at the Tonawanda wildlife area

Yeah I saw that.

Hate to say it, but this was a long time coming. People treating it like a dump, shooting dangerously, etc.

“overall cleaner and safer Tonawanda”

Tell me you’re lying without telling me you’re lying.

Also got a sweet little seecamp 32

2 Likes

Broken firing pin on my Ithaca.
I guess im.going to get a lot more familiar with it now.

Also.
I wonder if NY has anything like to offer kids.

… This what you meant?

1 Like

Yep.
Not having facebook seems to make sharing FB stuff more annoying.

I guess there are still some schools with shooting sports.

I was on my school’s JV rifle team. Only did it for a year because it was boring as fuck plinking little air rifles. Looking online it doesn’t look like the school still has the team, which is too bad because our varsity team took states several years in a row when I was in high school.

1 Like

Gowanda HS trap team made my club their home field. Lakeshore HS hopefully to follow. Were trying to attract young shooters as well, of all disciplines. I was just elected VP of a new administration. We offer tons of activities, even for non members. Just opened a steel “tactical” range as well.

4 Likes

I always forget about the forum glad to see the thread is still going. @1QIKZ interested in tactical range. here’s a couple pics of some current setups for your time.

Definitely interested in this, even if I have to join and pay some kind of membership. PM me the details please if you don’t want to post them.

Are you a member of Evans rod and gun? Been thinking about joining.

I was on the membership comittee but recently elected VP. PM me if you guys want to check it out. We have applications on line and at the club. Don’t have to be a member to attend certain events but membership gives you use of certain facilities. Lots to do.

I typically try to make it a point to go up Tuesday evenings for Trap night. Its kind of a social night. I can show people around, grab a drink, grab some dinner. Check out the website or visit the Assbook page.

http://evansrodandgunclub.com

Snagged another Alchemy

2 Likes

Hate you

1 Like