Firearm BS thread

What is the legality of selling ammo? I have about 5k rounds of 45 and no 45…

Probably cheaper to build your own in the states. Maybe in NY even.
Also, i’m pretty sure none of my handguns are legal in the safest nation of Canada.
Unless there is a Tims on site. It would pay for itself then.

I have enough crappy 9mm range ammo to last forever.
The problem is that I want to use it to shoot up some paper.

My 9mm laser cartridge, Laserlyte score time trainers help when I want to shoot at ALL of the chotchkies in my house from the couch.

This thread is not helping with my desire to shoot for real.

So I can own a gun range that I’d never be able to get my guns to since it’s in Canada?

I think I remember @king saying there was a website specifically for that.

@Freek im always interested in 9mm hehe.
@vq30de probably could get quite a bit of $ for any ammo right now - wouldn’t worry about legality, just sell it to someone that wants it? Or use it as currency towards a gun you want

1 Like

I keep variation on the side saddle but its filled with 9 bullet 00 buck.

There are a bunch of brands that are all great quality. I always start out by recommending the Remington 500 as there are a ton of parts for it and you can customize it however you like. There are cheaper variants like the maverick 88.

2 Likes

Shotguns are always best for home defense (against an intruder, not the government :wink: ). Especially for people who have families or live close to other houses. In a panicked situation the spread give you some room for error and not much over penetration.
Those are all solid recommendations though.

Getting used to the new format for responding that doesn’t quote original text. I need to add it all to one post.

In reply to a shotgun being too long:
As a subject matter expert on clearing rooms i have to disagree. They used to clear rooms with M1 garands in WWII using the finger method. I’ve cleared rooms professionally with a full size M16 for a bit which is about the same size.
That all being said, if I was clearing rooms professionally today I would probably run 300 blackout AR on a 13" barrel.
Legality of a rifle for home defense:
You can defend your life with a cannon if that’s all you have to defend yourself. There are no limits to protecting your right to life.
Where and how to buy a firearm:
When trying to find and buy firearms at all locally: Order online and have it shipped to a local FFL. I have one in the northtowns and one in the southtowns I can recommend.

BGC sucked:
BGC closed because they were shit to the customers and charged through the roof. There are even more quality shops open but in the furthest rings of the suburbs.

Buying a Canadian shooting range:
Not a bad idea Bing. I can start working on my Canadian pension if I bought that…hrmmmm
Selling off some ammo:
I don’t have any 9mm sadly. All 30-06,308,5.56,7.62x39, 300BO, and 40 cal for pistol.
How to find and buy ammo:
Target sports still ships to NYS for anyone looking online. If anyone wants to get in on a shipment from other places I have on coming up in March.

3 Likes

I loved BGC!

Only for window shopping though, then ordering through my FFL for like 20% less

I also got a killer deal on primers there. I think I bought 5 boxes of 1000, and the guy rang each up as an individual tray lol. I think the purchase was like $20

Edit: the old man there had a girlfriend in thailand. Fucking weirdo

Honestly, unless you’re extensively trained in clearing rooms… don’t. If someone’s breaking in post up at the end of a hall or top of your stairs in cover and yell to them that you’re armed and the police are on their way. 99% of burglars are going to run right then and there.

Want to know why? If you’ve got a kid here’s a fun game. Wait until it’s dark, turn out all the lights, then give them a nerf gun and tell them to go hide anywhere in the house and to shoot you the instant they have a clear shot. Give them a couple minutes and go find them. I bet they get you more than 50% of the time. The one staying still and quiet is always going to have the advantage against the searcher who is making noise and giving away their moves with a flashlight or turning on house lights. There’s a reason professionals clear rooms in teams and train a lot in how to do it.

3 Likes

This. All of this. Like a LOT of training. And you also have to train with your individual team every time.

Rereading my edits they don’t exactly make the best sense. Let me try and clean it up.

1 Like

that $1.1m CDN is like $800k USD and the range can have it’s own collection for you to access when you’re up here.

probably can only have shotguns and boring pistols there anyways.

the link is out to a few friends. we’ll see what they say :slight_smile:

definitely cant buy a race track anywhere around here for that price and if the regs change and you cant run a range there you still have the 27 acres not too far from the city.

Mostly good advice.
It could depend on where your kids rooms are. Mine is at the top of the stairs, and opposite side of my hallway. She already knows she will be the 1st one murdered and may or may not decide to warn us.

I did enjoy the visual of you hunting down your daughter in the house in the middle of the night for a nerf war.
“Surprise… Your dead… Do not tell your teachers about this”

1 Like

@freek the shotgun thing is your opinion - maybe others too, but doesn’t mean anyone is right. The right answer is what you have, what you’re most experienced to work with - but an overwhelming amount of professionals seem to think it is a semi-auto rifle, shorter the better. An M1 garand is a little irrelevant, its clearly not a GOOD option, just because someone used it in 1940.
@drvnkd Yea it could depend on a lot for sure - here, theres a safe spot that is easy&fast for my wife and daughter to get to that keep them far away from potential action - its good practice to get them to quietly/quickly go plant there and dial 911 and stay clear. The hard part is getting your wife to cooperate in a drill form lol but if you can…its better than expecting them to know what they’re doing half asleep in a panic situation

edit: in other news this is inspiring me to drink beer in my garage tonight while I throw on some new BCM accessories to a rifle - if all goes well later ill post pic

I think the sensible thing would be to buy a 45. I had a kimber and sold it with the intention of purchasing a Wilson, should probably just follow through on that

you’re not going to hear me say don’t buy a gun - sounds like you know what to do. Consider looking for a G21? not sure they made a gen5, but who cares.

You’re just new, lol. Highlight the text you want to quote and a “quote” button pops up. Tap that and you’ll get a reply formatted like this one.

1 Like

Also

:+1: :+1: :+1:

Why a 45? Why pay the extra cost of ammo? FBI has moved back from 40 to 9mm due to the advancement in technology. Follow up shots with a 9mm are far easier to achieve than a 45 unless you have DAYS of range time.