Firearm BS thread

I had a couple 34s, not my fave. I’d like a real high end 1911. Preferably in 10mm but I have a ton of 45 so I’ll probably just stick with that

Someone plz tell me the advantages / disadvantages of 10mm over 9mm.

I think for any of our purposes it’s pretty inconsequential. I just like goofy shit

Edit: any gains in stopping power that is

Here ya go sir

1 Like

I’m less concerned with the “tactical” aspect of shooting, so things like follow up don’t factor into my decision. This is hardly my only handgun though, I have several 9mms (and 380s, 38s, 22s, 44s, 357s, 45-70 etc…) to chose from if felt a need to have something more manageable. Like I said above, I want a higher end 1911 to replace my grand raptor, and I think a 1911 should be a larger caliber…

Completely agree a 1911 ain’t a small firearm at all. If I had one 45acp all day :rofl:

Plus I have several drywall compound buckets full of 45…

Edit: damn this thread has gotten me fired up now. I haven’t shot anything in years. Maybe tonight I’ll lean out my kitchen window and let a few off, I have land and a berm now…

2 Likes

Awesome. Thanks Josh!

You are correct in saying it’s my opinion. But it’s an option formed from years of experience and real world experience.
For the vast majority of people a shotgun is the best tool for the job. I’ve cleared rooms with everything from a pistol to an M21 lol
If i had to pick one tool that is NYS legal it would probably be a benelli M4 with a pressure switch light mounted on it.

You have a valid point though of, At the end of the day people should sue what they have and are most comfortable with. I’m just expressing what I believe would be better for the vast majority of people out there. Shotguns have very little user error and allow for high pressure shooting oops

@freek personally, id rather pull an AR or glock trigger 10x, rather than what it requires to shoot multiple rounds in a shotgun - or explain to my Wife how to put another round in the chamber of a shotgun - unless you have a tactical semi auto shotgun, sure then youre good to go - but I also will also play devils advocate and argue anything I can just for the sake of enjoying my time on the internet, so do what you wish :rofl: :joy: we can agree, prep and training is #1 , buying any gun and thinking you’ve checked off the home defense box is …not it.

@Onyx_Z32 its bigger. however, now theres no reason to use anything other than 9mm imo. unless you have an absurd amount of ammo (which you could sell) anything bigger has little to no advantage with modern ballistics. old guys will tell you about about .45 and .357 and all the big rounds are all that will take someone down, but thats simply not true anymore.

the only positive I’ve heard to someone I know picking up a glock 20 (10mm) was in the beginning of covid, is that there was 10mm AVAILABLE. circle back to the above statement w/ freek - training is key over caliber, and 9mm can disrupt a nervous system just fine to immobilize a threat - why pay more?

@vq30de @HouseS2K I have a 22lr 1911, is that…not… cool :frowning:

Always wanted the conversion for my kimber, or a dedicated one like that. Here’s my plinker—

1 Like

Also, just as a PSA - mike and ikes are .357 diameter. Loaded into a primed case with no powder they’ll go through drywall

But you should have a turd <$100 wheel gun

2 Likes

I didnt know there were all grape mike/ike damn. - im sure that stubby 357 has little to no recoil and just stays on target, nice :rofl: my dad has one its wild, surprises me every time I fire it

1 Like

hOmE DEfeNsE

FS: black Magpul grip & stock

some new BCM foliage green stuff on my rifle. cameo by a freshly cleaned g17.5

2 Likes

The ONLY reason I’ll argue going 40,45, or 10mm is the bullshit NYS magazine 10 round cap.
9mm is baller especially with modern projectiles.

A better discussion would be what does everyone like best for carry ammo.

1 Like

I usually carry 55grain +p aluminum rounds just because they’re SO light in a g43 - Tier1 aiwb rig w spare mag

Sig Sauer 9mm 115gr elite v crown jhp as my defense carry. Glock 48 with the silver slide :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Winchester PDX1

1 Like