Fired for some bs....

I dont even know what to do or say right now? Im only posting this so some people can give me feedback on if I really have anything to go to court with or not? I know in the state of pa they have the rule where if your non union you can fire given any reason.

Here goes. I had a really really good sales job working for the cable company (which name will not me mentioned) I was the youngest in their history to ever be hired. I was hired at 18. My first year I made over 50k. This year I was at pace to make over 60. So anyway, I did so good at sales they gave me collections. People who were more than 60 days late on their bills I would go to them and try to collect their 60 day money. And when they paid the bill I would usually try to sell them phone service or internet service being that they didnt have it or the phone/internet company were comming to shut their services off. So it made sense I was selling to these people and collecting money off of them at the same time. I got very very good at my #'s where top in the company as far as money I collected and I still mainted pretty high for the amount of cable/phone/internet installs I had each week. Now the rule was I was to have 10 installs each week. Or else I would be written up. Three wriretups and your gone. I worked there for 2 years never got written up once. I got written up 2x in january for not making numbers. Just had a bad two weeks. They fired my boss in march for something he really didnt do. Then they fired another guy I was close to for a reason that wasnt his fault… not at all. Now I had about 20 installations scheuduled last week. Alot of the people rescheuduled and I got 10 of them installed… the correct number of installs that I needed to get… then I get called in my bosses office and he tells me You are going to be terminated because you made 6 installs when I had 10 the whole time but 4 were from the pittsburgh area… and I work up 28 … like I cover from wilkinsburg -> Duquense -> Vandergrift… pretty big area. 4 installs came from homewood… I was fired over this bullshit… I never signed the release forms. Now an hour after I got fired they completely turned my phone off the same Phone # I have had for years… a year ago I switched it to cricket and put all the info in their name. Which isnt good because I dont think I can port the Number. This is just so rediculous for me to put so much time into this company and they get rid of me after that wtf? The rule was 10 installs? I get to go on a 6 month vacation of 500 a week which isnt bad its just pretty upsetting… It just really really sucks. I dont know if I have something to say I was wrongfully terminated or not? I dont even want to bring to court I just want to go back to work tommorow…

sorry to hear

Are you a minority? In all seriousness. If not don’t even bother, you wont find a lawyer.

sorry to hear

that sucks.

I dont miss sales AT ALL!

Yeah, not much you can do if you aren’t union. They can fire you for dropping a piece of paper on the floor if they want.

Sorry to hear that.

That is shitty. They want some people that aren’t motivated like you, I guess? :dunno:

Yeah, not to sound like a dick here…but stuff like this is the exact reasons I’d never consider working in a sales based/commision based/ect. environment. They love you when your bringing in the numbers, just don’t have a bad day…

Sorry to hear though. With six months to look, I’m sure you’ll find something better. Good luck.

heh, my place is getting bad, sending all day shift home every day at 2pm. I get around 4.5 hours of work before im sent home. Needless to say im fucked too.

Hope you find something better. I hear verizon is hiring for sales reps over the phone

sorry to hear danimal

Wow that really sucks. Honestly if you like sales and are good at customer service, I would try going the wireless route. I work for Cricket and make good money (though looks like you make more than I do) and I know two people who work for Cingular and they both make really good money. As far as your phone service, from what I am reading, they had your phone through Cricket) if you want that number, go to a store and get your phone back on. only thing you will pay is 69.65 for reactivation fee and first month of service. if you want to port it out, use it for the month and port it out before your second month is due. and to be honest with you, i think if you do activate your old phon you will get a 2nd month for free and just have to pay taxes. I am assuming the account wasnt in your name if they shut it off. I used to work at Monroeville and just got moved out of there and into the administration office, but i could let you know who to see and what not if you want to go to a store. Really sorry to hear about them firing you. they pissed me off yesterday and shut my shit off a week early (cause im moving) and it wasnt supposed to be shut off until the 30th. I called them and the guy says. oops i dont know whats wrong with it. so he turns my internet back on but not the cable. Good luck with everything!

you have no case, they railroaded you. Welcome to the world of sales for a living! total bullshit, sounds like you made more money than they wanted to pay :dunno:

what’s the company that screwed you so we can at least be aware of who’s a crook and who’s less of a crook. (since they’re all crooks)

sounds like Comcast

drop people like they drop internet service. :thumbsdown:

Yea that definitely sucks, you should PM me the Cable company’s name (I won’t put it out here)

It’s unfortunate that they fired you on a technicality, you would think they’d respect one of their best workers and not be so quick to put him out.

Edit: At least you get the summer off and you can work under the table in addition to unemployment.

you musta been that dude down the strip last night that didn’t wanna talk about it cause it was a long sotry.

usually when you are fired… you cannot collect unemployment…

Have you actually checked with un-employment office? If you are able to collect, you may not have been fired… you may have been laid off… Which sounds like a technicality… however… if you are laid off… the company has to call you back… and it looks better on a resume’.
Also, If you were fired and you are able to collect… you may have a case because the company apparently did not have a good enough reason to fire you…and… if that is the case… call an attorney… call the other guys who were fired… and start working on a class action law suit…

Just me being a bitch… =)

comcast needs to unionize. they fuck their employees. care to chime in sonny?