First bike... R6 vs CBR 600?

KTM Superduke 990

…I like V-twins

speaking of vtwin, sv650 for a starter

Kawi 650r

I love mine.

Went out to lunch and got my permit, signed up for the MSF class on June 21st and 22nd :slight_smile:

:bigclap:

its so cool that they made them look the same as the rest of the ninjas
finally a manufacture picked up on something

except the 250’s can’t reach a hundo. :frowning:

meh. I don’t need to do over a hundred on the street.

i have a track bike for that

Here is a CBR… http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51104

I wouldnt touch a 250. I took one on the expressway up to 65 and those damn things can’t get out of their own way. It’s one thing driving a POS honda that cant get a mile over 55, BUT you’re caged. Not a damn thing you can do on a 250. 65mph (crank the throttle)…66…(time passes)…67… etc

I’m seriously opinionated about having the ability to be proactive and reactive in a dangerous situation when you have nothing but pavement under your toes.

if you don’t have any self control, you don’t need a bike at all. you can hurt yourself on a 250 also if you aren’t careful. it doesn’t matter if you buy a 600 or a 1000, it’s as fast as you want it to be. as long as you aren’t an idiot, you’ll be fine on a 600 cc bike.

i just bought a cbr 600 F3 and i’m thrilled with it. comfortable, good learning curve, forgiving to my noob mistakes i made, and i’m nowhere near the limits of the thing and will not be for a long time.