FIXED Stripped lug nut< me.

[quote=“speedped79,post:20,topic:39009"”]

if only you had like 5 bux for gas lol i have a drill and a flux core mig i could bring over

[/quote]

tomorrow? ill do the welding buddy. but bring the fluxcore machine. call me at 4:00

[quote=“Violator,post:18,topic:39009"”]

there is one other option. Drill it. Pick a bit that is the size of the stud… doesnt need to be any bigger.

[/quote]

Been there, done that, and it works. My problem wasn’t the nut being stripped but the stud spinning in the hub. Couldn’t get to the backside of it with the wheel/brake disk on, and couldn’t get the wheel off with the lug on. Sat there staring at it for a while going “WTF do I now” before I figured it out and busted out the drill.

Make sure you get the drill started DEAD CENTER of the stud. You only get one shot at getting that drill started straight and centered so you’re drilling out the stud without hitting the hub, or just uselessly drilling the nut while leaving too much of the stud to break it. Use a punch, and start with a smaller bit so you can see that it’s 100% centered.

Then use a drill bit that is the same diameter or just SLIGHTLY smaller than the stud. Once it’s drilled down the depth of the lug it should snap off very easily.

pound 4-way on to socket, jump on 4-way till stud breaks off

keep the ideas flowing please. tup so far.

[quote=“66impalass,post:23,topic:39009"”]

pound 4-way on to socket, jump on 4-way till stud breaks off

[/quote]

If you can get a 4 way pounded on there tight enough to snap it you can probably just unscrew it.

audis are such pains in the ass sometimes. what kind of audi? that looks like a rim off of a b3 80/90.

good luck with getting it out

PM Jagermeister and ask him very nicely to borrow his kickass stripped stud extration kit. You should probably buy him some beer though.

[quote=“JayS,post:25,topic:39009"”]

If you can get a 4 way pounded on there tight enough to snap it you can probably just unscrew it.

[/quote]

you would be surprised, that is what a mechanic told me to do to my mustang, the lug was actually deformed unto the stud, worked like a charm

[quote=“Carbonfiberhooded,post:27,topic:39009"”]

PM Jagermeister and ask him very nicely to borrow his kickass stripped stud extration kit. You should probably buy him some beer though.

[/quote]

i have a set of these. they work awesome. they were like 20 bucks or so? irwin?

one thing you must remember about these cars is these are lug studs, not lug nuts.

if the hub has a good enough hold on the stud, they have been known to just snap the heads off, leaving whats left sitting flush with the hub face.

i have a 3 peice wheel nut lug lock remover. u can borrow it if u wnt pm me(not reading the replys)

last time this happened to me i took a torch and just burned the stud right out from the center of the nut. Didnt hurt the rim at all

http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40492&highlight=shotgun This might work, but it seems kinda risky

http://www.mactools.com/Mac/Mac+Products/Catalog/Automotive+Specialty/Shop+Equipment/Wheel+Service/LT4300

I may have one that will work on a 17mm… let me know how it goes

I have a set of the specialty lug nut extractors. They are larger and stronger than the standard bolt extractors. They are also just about impossible to find, except online.

I’m willing to help.

Where are you located?

[quote=“Jagermeister,post:35,topic:39009"”]

I have a set of the specialty lug nut extractors. They are larger and stronger than the standard bolt extractors. They are also just about impossible to find, except online.

I’m willing to help.

Where are you located?

[/quote]

Irwin FTW.

this happened to me before. took a torch punched out the stud. didnt hurt rim at all. went to store bought a new stud and nut cost was less then 3 dollars. took 15 min.

[quote=“95dime,post:37,topic:39009"”]

this happened to me before. took a torch punched out the stud. didnt hurt rim at all. went to store bought a new stud and nut cost was less then 3 dollars. took 15 min.

[/quote]

As previously stated, its a lug and not a stud and nut.

[quote=“Jagermeister,post:38,topic:39009"”]

As previously stated, its a lug and not a stud and nut.

[/quote]

:word:

grind down the sides enough to pound on the next smaller socket on.Use a real long breaker bar