fixed

Thats just sweat from all the horsepower

belt is fine, got a good look at everything and cleaned everything. belt really didnt have much oil on it at all, mostly the inside of the cam gears that the belt dont ride on

Not that much oil on the belt? It looks soaked…

you’re going to want to replace that belt regardless of how much oil is or is not on it… trust me!

Agreed, change the belt it looks soaked. Eventually the oil will make it soft and you will chew teeth. Glad I could help.

just got done looking at everything very closely, wasnt even wet.

i cranked the engine by hand a ton of times to go through everything, never came back up wet or anything, it all seeped down the back side behind the cam gears. belt came up dry as a bone everytime, maybe its just the flash from the cam

thx for the help don, mike. really appreciate it

I’m glad it was an easy fix. Reusing a valve cover gasket is always a little risky. Luckily this was a lesson you learned without anything nasty happening. Definitely use a new timing belt. Even on a stock car I wouldn’t use it after it got some oil on it. On your car that would be begging for trouble.

That gasket is like 65.00 from car quest. if I remember correctly it is 5 pieces and it was in stock

^ i got one from mike, i always get the best prices from him

:word:

installing a new timing belt this weekend. better safe than sorry

I was just going to post that… $65 is a lot better than $1400 to replace the head. Make sure it’s OEM (i’m sure thats what Mike would sell anyhow), I had a goodyear belt and it let go on me.

yep, going with the OEM belt. its a stout belt

good thing paul u changed the timing belt… i was going to ask you if were going to change it lol. hate see to see that happen to the evo…