Fixing Wheel Hop

Curious to what things you guys have done to fix wheel hop. I went to the track last night and when launching hard i would get wicked nasty wheel hop.

I got coilovers, TC rods, UC arms and r comp tires. Could worn subframe bushings be the cause of my problems. Or is the key in the suspension stiffness and tire pressure as i didn’t really bother changing anything for drag.

I ran a 13.6 @113mph and a nasty 2.5 sixty foot. And some how i broke my turbo elbow again :frowning:

From what i have read solid subframe bushings help

From my experience with solid bushings I’ll claim the opposite…

bad subframe bushings and/or poor tire/wheel choice and or bad damper(coilover/shock) and spring combo… hop hop hop hop to the finish line :stuck_out_tongue:

You broke your turbo elbow due to wheel hop. Wheel is BADBAD BAD BADBABDBABDABDBADAADB for evertyhing, driveline, exhaust, trubo, erverything.

Subframe collars, bushings and TIRE PRESSURES will all help. And slipping the clutch more.

Yeah im not surprised wheel hop did that to my elbow then… It was not pleasant by any means. Sounds like i need to spend some time setting up the car next time before i go. Thanks for the tips

more info please, the experience, etc

It is 97% subfram bushings, I say polly bushings will help.

Damn, thats a pretty fast trap speed. Whats your setup?

From my experience the subframe inserts/collars cured the problem. They are pretty cheap and if you don’t like them you can easily take them back out.

Ok sweet thanks for the input, im going to try the solid bushings and post up my results

GT2871R, BC Stage 2 cams and your typical bolt ons.

Im sure with a dyno tune, toss the cat, a decent launch and no shifting early i can get alot better.

Hey steve… why don’t you try swapping in an s14 subframe. The different geometry reduces anti-squat, and plants the rear end with less toe/camber while under compression.

Lots of places sell offset solid bushings for them too (the front subframe holes are 1/2" off on an s14 vs. s13)… you can make the s14 fit, but its a hard squeeze without a lift.

A proper alignment, wheels and tires + bushings.

I would think it’s pretty obvious. I have solid subframe bushings. I get quite a bit of wheel hop…:S

lol do you know how to preload? or does that only work with FWD

18psi in your rear tires and you should be good…make sure you top them back up when you hit the road

you said you claim the opposite… doesn’t that mean it made your wheel hop worse.

When majority of people are saying that solid bushings will improve among a few other very helpful tips.
So why? are you claiming the opposit

It sounds cool, and something i would do for the sake of experimenting… priorities, funds and lack of time are my enemys right now

Fair enough. Makes sense. I apologize for the douchery, lol

It’s time to make my own bushings and control arms now anyway, lol