Wheel Hop

I have a 93 hatch with hicas, stock suspension, 17" spec-v rims with not much sidewall on the tires. I would like to be able to do a burn out with this car. As soon as the wheels break loose the car tries to shake itself apart.

What will I need to do to my suspension to eliminate this problem? I’m planning on switching to KYB AGX struts and some lowering springs in the near future. What else will I need to do? If I switch to a taller tire, will that help? I do not plan on switching the rear subframe out to a non-hicas, but would a lock out bar make a difference?

Thanks in advance

haha again we are in the same situation, I have a 92 with hicas, stock suspension etc. and have fairly bad wheel hop. The type of tire dosnt have much to do with the hop, most of the problem is in your worn out subframe bushings. You could drop your subframe and intall solid aluminum ones or go with the easier solution and install some aluminum spacers (I picked mine up for like $60), that will greatly help with the wheel hop.

Blown struts and bad sub frame bushings are the #1 cause of wheel hop. That and if you had more power it would be a none issue for a standing burnout. :slight_smile:

http://www.240sxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74580

have fun man… it’s a bitch to do and almost not worth it unless you drift/drag the car constantly.

I dont care what anyone says…i jacked the car up by the diff and wrapped bunjee cords around where the worn subframe bushings were and just hooked the ends to where ever…Right away i noticed a far better improvement when launching and doing a burnout. This was…a year ago i did this and the bunjees are still there in great shape…id trust them not snapping if i took them off and pulled one end while a friend pulled the other.

My thread on this amazing cheap invention got locked for stupidity…Its a year later now they have proven theirselfs very well. Cheap solution that worked…im still getting solid subframe bushings. Ill stangle who ever tries to bash’s my invention with my bunjee at a meet :stuck_out_tongue: Flame away.

lol bungee cords. damn thats flaming material. im just playin. my old 240 had wheel hop and it pissed me the eff off. so when it hoped i just pushed the pedal a lil more to the floor and it stops :slight_smile:

Ill be seing you soon Chris!..forget about gunshots at the brampton mall…legit bunjees are where its at

blown struts, bushings can wait I hated that bounce.

definitely worn subframe bushings. i installed bing’s solid bushings, never had wheel hop since.

^^^^

How’s yer understeer?

Can ya still go through a set of my tires in 20 minutes?

:stuck_out_tongue: