FMIC problems

sooo i got my car running today after my fmic swap (+ new BOV), and i’ve run into a couple of problems

1. every time i ‘blow off’ and switch it into neutral, the car stalls.
    is this a:
  • vacuum leak? (i checked all the lines/piping that i touched during the swap and they’re solid - i didn’t have this problem before)
    or
  • BOV not tightened enough? (i tightened the BOV already and it hasn’t changed much)
  1. when i’m decelerating in gear, in the 1500-500 rpm range, i get this very weird whistling noise. the noise is consistent but its pitch gets lower as the rpms go lower.

what the heck could it be?

just as a note, when i got my hotpipe… i noticed the greddy flange is rotateable… i also noticed that there is plastic (as if from the bag the flange originally came in) jammed in the crevice where it’s supposed to rotate. could this be the source of the weird whistle and vacuum leak?

help me out on this guys, thanks.

Question 1: is your BOV vented you need to recirculate it as that is likely the cause of the stalling. If its recirculated already then I don’t know.

And just for piece of mind do a boost leak test. I just installed a new FMIC with t-bolt clamps and to my surprise the clamps were leaking pressure big time, I had to tighten them up a lot more than I thought I needed to.

i had that exact problem before…it was a hole in my cold pipe… my bov is not recirculated… it runs fine now… running 8-15 psi with no problems at alll…

check all the piping and connections like the actuall piping could have rubbed on the lower tow hook near ur cold pipe… and that would casue it to suck in alot of air and confuse the maf and ecu causeing it to dump in more fuel… then when u clutch in it basicly gets flooded…and not to mention no backpressure to ur bov.so ur bov doesint go off properlyand ur intercooler cant hold pressure…

cant stress it more check alllll piping and connections could be vaccum leaks aswell…

do u hear backfireing aswell??..4 foot flames out ur exhaust?..studdering/lack of spool,or random spurts of power?..

@Apex - yes the bov is recirculated properly
@side_wayz - yeah i checked all the piping… i had a problem with that at first but fixed it. it’s all clamped properly… all that stuff is solid

i have the natural backfire… no 4 foot flames or any of that other weird stuff you mentioned, lol