sr20 stalls when coming to a stop

i have a 240sx with an sr20 swap and it runs good, idles perfect accelerates good but sometimes when im coming to a stop ill push the clutch in and the rpms drop down to 300 rpm and sometimes the car stalls. but if i wait till the rpms are under 1500 before pushing the clutch in everything is fine, i heard it might be a vacuum leak but i cant find any please help.

It is most likely because your BOV is vented to atmosphere. What BOV do you have? If there is an adjustment screw on it you can try tightening it so the BOV will close quicker preventing the stalling.

yup this, mine used to do the exact same thing. went back to recirc and now its minty frest

thanks ill take a look if theres a scew if not ill switch to a recirc, i have a hks ssqv, do i need a new bov to change to recirc or can i just get a kit or something

you just need to get the recirculating fitting for your bov i think its like 20-30 bucks

Or, if you wanna go the expensive route, you can get an aftermarket ECU/Chipped ECU. This would not only stop this from happening with your current setup, but would give you moar powah too.

i think im just gona get the recirc fitting and see what happens,so happy i finaly got a solution, been trying to get an answer for like 3 months now

I hope that solves the problem for you, I have a ssqv3 bov & don’t have any issues. But, mine is sequential so no adjustments needed not sure how the older HKS stuff is.

bad news, got the recirc fitting and routed it back into the intake and took it for a drive, rpms would still drop fast but the car wouldnt stall, then today i take it out again and first light i push the clutch in and the car stalls, any other ideas?

prob idel air control valve common problem

is it easy to get to and how do i take that off to clean it?

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

is it easy to get to and how do i take it off to clean it?