Follow up v. ran out of gas.

So earlier today I went to get into my car to go grab lunch and head to work. As I get off my front porch and walk around the corner of my apt housing to my car parked in our private parking spaces I see a car close to mine that I see regularly in the neighbors lot occasionally.

I then immediately noticed the guy knealing near my car at the rear so I yell to him to see what happened. Did he hit my car? Was he hurt? Did his dog go under my car? All these thoughts ran through my head as I get closer.

Upon a quick examination my gas tank cover is open and he has a tube flowing from my tank to his in broad daylight. As I get closer and say something again he finally looks up and astonishing he says, “My car is out of gas so my buddy is letting me borrow some gas.”

I looked at him in disbelief and go, “Buddy, this is my car!”

He then looks at me and was like “It’s not what you think” and blah blah blah lots of other crap, don’t call the cops, etc. So first thing I did since I didnt know the local pd number was call my mom. While doing so he is getting his stuff put away and I stop talking and told him to leave his shit out so when the authorities show up they know what he was doing.

He then tried to get into his driver seat and take off, but I moved and stood in front of his driver door so he couldnt go anywhere. I got the cops number from my mom and about 20 minutes later they showed up.

Asked me if I wanted to press charges, etc. And all that stuff, so I gotta go down later today and finish filing a report against him because I had to go to work before being late so the cop said to stop back later.

So I dunno what’s going to happen. Do I need a lawyer to file charges? I already got a locking gas cap so this won’t happen again, but still what do I need to do to make sure this fucker is prosecuted to the fullest. Who knows how long he’s been doing this to my car, or anybody else’s in our parking lot.

thats fucked up… lol

well thats awesome! Glad you cought the dude +1 for the good guys but punishing him is probably going to end up costing you time which blows.

I gotta find out if I need a lawyer/court etc. cuz if so I’ll proly say fuck it cuz I don’t have the time or money and tell the dude I’ll settle for a fresh tank of gas and a kick to his balls.

wait, u had to ask your mom for the number for the police?

ever hear of 911… i beleive its universal… and yes 911 is jusified in the sitch cuz he was STEALING from you, and it wasnt the first time he had done it!

damn, ppl stealing gas out of other ppl’s tanks, times must be ruff

You don’t need a lawyer to press charges. The lawyer in that case is the DA. And even if you do press charges I seriously doubt this will ever see a trial. The DA will give the guy some sort of plea/fine/community service.

Question though… why call your mom and not 911?

LOL wtf what a scumbag , i would been like wtf are you doing to my car and tackled him and then knock him out untill the cops came. Your method seemed to work tho :tup: for getting him in some deep shit, people are rediculous these days

What was he using to siphon the gas? I thought it was almost impossible to siphon gas out of any remotely modern cars because of various anti-siphon features.

I know when I was doing some work on my wife’s old car, a 96 prizm, I could not get any type of tube down the filler neck. I ended up draining the tank by pulling the pump and draining it out the top.

:rofl: at your story. :tup: @ not letting him get away with it.

[quote=“JayS,post:9,topic:25114"”]

What was he using to siphon the gas? I thought it was almost impossible to siphon gas out of any remotely modern cars because of various anti-siphon features.

I know when I was doing some work on my wife’s old car, a 96 prizm, I could not get any type of tube down the filler neck. I ended up draining the tank by pulling the pump and draining it out the top.

[/quote]

you can certainly siphon gas, just gotta get a small enough tube… to fit down there is all

where do you live dude?

Christ thats shitty!

ROFL “Its not what you think”

roflmao

Detective Mcell! Now all you need to do is figure out the mystery of the Neon alternator…

he must have been driving a pos huh

Don’t feel bad. The real reason that they write 911 on the side of cop cars is because cops can’t remember their phone number either. :tup:

[quote=“jabbu,post:13,topic:25114"”]

ROFL “Its not what you think”

roflmao

[/quote]

When someone says that isn’t it ALWAYS what you think?

[quote=“RobHimself,post:17,topic:25114"”]

When someone says that isn’t it ALWAYS what you think?

[/quote]

Yes. lol

And :tup: File the charges and let him get fined and do some service.

tell him if he pays you $200 youll drop the charges

otherweise, press charges, no lawyer needed

:tup:

but expect damage forthcoming :tdown:

who fucking does that in the middle of the day and where do you live :rofl: