Found some pics

some people like to be differernt…hell i modded the shit out of my maxima…not exactly the best platform…soemtimes things just cost a little more with a not so popular…or sometimes cheaper

Fair enough. It is pretty sharp looking with the pearl white paint, black trim, and clear headlights. :tup:

so buying a car that is a dime a dozen is different?

I like the Grand Am. I like the 2 door N-Body and the style works for me. I enjoy crusing down 219 with the windows down the sun roof open and the music cranked. That’s my paradise.

As far as the ‘perfomance’ mods. It will be time to change the brakes this summer. Why not upgrade instead of just OEM replacement? As far as the springs, I have always like the lowered look and I want to see how it handles with the spring/shock combo. Also, I have to fix the LIM gasket anyways. Gotta love 3400s…round 2.

I understand what you are saying and someday I will have my own V8 S10 build or a SW20 Turbo project, but not now.

That sounds nice. I hate winter. :slight_smile:

what other cars have you owned or driven?

i just find that a lot of people “like” certain things because they are not exposed to anything else.

thankyou for bringing this up so i dont have to be the asshole lol. Looks like a nice clean car, it’d make a nice daily, but not a ‘project’. To each his own i guess

You know, there are MUCH better cars you can do that in. Meaning cars that don’t shake and wobble at 100mph. Cars that dont have interiors made entirely of grey plastic. w/e

If it makes you happy…

Very true. I have only owned a 92 Sunbird GT, Besides my 4x4. The Grand Am is basically a upgrade from that.

I have driven/Test Driven recently (Ones that are NYSpeed Worthy):

05 Eclipse (Not for me)
04 Eclipse GT Convertible (Eh)
06 Eclipse GT (What can I say, I thought I would like one. Nope)
05 Miata (Didn’t like the crampt feeling, I’m 6’1" 160, Not that big.)
06 Jetta GLI (It was nice, but not my style. Apparently I like GM)
06 GTO (F’n sweet I would buy one. See I told you I would like GM.)

So, I like Late model GMs and I got one so I am satisfied.

I guess I am more stubborn than partial. But, I own a Ford and I want to build a Chevy. Go Figure.

I agree with you 1 million percent.Used to do that all the time in the Vette.Have the top down,some great music on the radio a little too high, and just kind forget about everything for a minute.One of the best feeling in the world, and your not hurting anyone doing it.Win-win
D

dont take all the grand am hate personal. the people here are just trying to stop you from throwing money away on a subpar platform. just about everyone in here has been down the same path. and in hindsight you realize that if you would have just saved that money rather than blowing it away on a stereo and wheels for that crappy cavalier…you would have had that much more to spend on the current platform. the more you mod your grand am…the further away you are from the V8 S10 or SW20 Turbo projects. save your money

:tup: to a clean car and mature, level headed responses to people trying to flame you.

no extensively modding a car for performance sake that no one typically does is…most GA mods are tints, strobes and a fart can…he actually wants power and suspension…I am not agreeing with the GA choice, but I know where he is comming from, I dont regret one dime i threw into my maxima because I enjoyed the car…

I hardly take opinions and insight personally as a jab. You’re right about saving money. Thanks for the advice.

On the same topic I dumped a bunch of money into my sunbird. I kind of wished I would still have it. Maybe I will just have a collection that includes my Grand Am.

I honestly loved my Grand Am when I had it. Then once I could afford my IS300 I realized how much I hated that Grand Am haha. My sister-in-law still drives it and she’s come to the point of hating it now after 2 years. They’re good looking cars but definitly not a platform for modding. I say drive it and enjoy it but don’t bother with all the other stuff. Just my .02 coming from a GA GT owner of 5 years.

are the newer grand am’s governed?
My 97se is governed at 105mph, but feels solid until it reachs that speed.

Luke, I’ve known you for a long time, I don’t intend to be mean by anything I am about to say.

It’s ok, These eclipses suck. They’re a hair dresser’s favorite. A good eclipse hasn’t been made since the GSX, and even those had their quirks.

2005 was the last of the small MX-5s. You should be able to fit in there fine. The guy I bought my Miata from was 6’4". It isn’t supposed to feel spacious. It’s a sports car, not a living room.

These car are pigs. Too big and heavy with too many BS amenities.

The GTO sounds like it could be it for you. You are much better off saving up and buying one rather than boosting your grand am. I am not sure of the market, but I bet you can get a used one at a reasonable price. In the long run, it will be much cheaper than tuning your GA, and much more fun. And, it will give you fairly decent fuel economy for what it is.

Ha. JJ I couldn’t agree more. Thanks Bud!

take over JuicedSS’s payments

I miss my Grand Am. It had a fight with a Ford Explorer and lost…

http://www.graphicrage.com/images/bessie_II_a.jpg