foxbody guys in here (heater core bypass)

I’ve been blowing the same coolant line for the past two weeks and I don’t understand why. My heater core is bypassed, and I’m sure that the majority of you foxbody guys have done the same. Now instead of the coolant line going from the throttle body into the firewall and out of the firewall into the head, I stuck a plastic elbow connecting the two coolant lines.

Well that blew, so I put in another plastic elbow, and blew again, so then I stuck a copper elbow in there and then that blew!

Now I’m assuming just get a new coolant line and run the line from the throttle body into the head, but what I don’t understand is why it keeps blowing? I’ve driven this car the way it was for over a year, and it was fine. I drove down to Tampa Bay in this car and the only thing that broke was the starter solenoid ($10).

My water temp gauge is broken so I can’t get an accurate reading.

Also, I replaced my thermastat last year to a 165 degree thermastat if that has any bearing on the situation.

So, why would this line keep blowing all of the sudden? Foxbody guys please post up pics of your heater bypass and other wiring if you have them.

Thanks in advance!

anybody? :help:

you sir have a blown head gasket

derrick i may need you this week!..