friend thinkin about LS1 in colarado Xtreme

My friend is getting a new motor for his colarado xtreme and a new motor from gm (inline 5) is 4k for just the motor… I told him to find a nice ls1 and put that in there… what is your imput on what he should do?

LS1 is awsome…but hwat happened to his I5?

Something wrong with the bottom end… It would cost about the same to fix… Thats what he told me

There was one done over at LS1Tech if you search for it.

What happened to the warranty to replace the I5? I’d say LS1, those trucks are sick looking, once it gets some power to back it up that would be sweet.

He bought it wrecked…

LS2 :boink:

haha that would be sick

I would guess you could get a LS1 cheaper and build it for a better bang for your buck…if he is serious I would have him call JJ’s they are for sure to have one and are cool guys to deal with

as soon as my ZR2 motor goes, i’ll have a LT1/4, LS1/2/6 in that thing. and i’ll have the guys at JJ’s do it. those motors in s10s and colorados is awesome

do it… from expierence… it was so much fun to drive my s-10 around with the lt1 6-spd.

JJ’s :bigthumb:

Yeah, go LS1… Those I-5’s are junk. Horrible gas mileage, no towing capacity (barely), and who the hell wants an INLINE 5 in their damn truck.

colorado/canyon= worn front tires. alingment sux on them.

:slap: LS7

he is going to jjs to get it done…

Ls1 > I5… why didnt gm just stick with the 4.3 motors… good engines. Lots of power out of a v6.

4.3= 180hp
3.5=250hp

seen 4 I5’s with the bottom ends out at work. I5=gay

deff. go to jj’s, great guys to b.s. with and do awesome work.

I5=Very Gay