Friggin Nigerians!!

So, i get bored during the day on conf calls, and browse the internet for good deals on cars etc…earlier today i came across this autotrader for a 2006 m5 with 20k on it for 35k…

cheap, but not out of the realm of possibility for this economic climate, i have seen some dealerships liquidating niche cars at auction prices just to clear up room on their credit… and private parties looking @ forclosure doing the same thing.

so i email the guy to find out whats up/possibly go see the thing (in NC)

I get this response from a gmail address:

i,
I apologize for the delay. I was busy. The car is still for sale. My selling price is $34,000. Clean and clear title in hand. No accidents. The price is low because I must sell the car fast. I have a serious financial problem and the sale of my car is the last solution.
I have a clean CARFAX report and I can send it to you. Also, I can send you the pictures and more details too. Just let me know if you are still interested.
Where are you located?

Not bad… no flags there, so i tell him to email me over everything, and ill take a look and come down there this weekend… (im getting kind of excited now)

then i get this gem back within minutes…

Hi Bryan,
I am working in the US Navy and now I am on a mission on the Persian Gulf. I am on a aircraft carrier and I don’t have phone access. I am selling the car for a low price because I have financial problems. The car is currently located in NC. The vehicle is already at the shipping company ready to be shipped. I already arranged the deal with another person but he changed his mind because he found another vehicle. He already paid the shipping charges. You will not pay shipping charges. Shipping is free. The car is insured in case of damage and it takes 5 days to be delivered at your door. It will come with all the necessary paperwork (clear title, bill of sale, warranty documents, user’s manual, insurance etc). I signed all the paperwork and I have the clean and clear title ready for transfer.
This is the VIN#: WBSNB93566B582235. The vehicle is registered in my name and I am the 2nd owner. There is no lien on the vehicle.
The general condition is impeccable. The vehicle is like new, completely working, perfect running condition, with no hidden damages or accidents, no dents, door dings or scratches, non-smoker, no pets, 21,000 miles.
I will send you the pictures (in zip format) and the carfax report in my next messages. Verify your email. The messages may not come to inbox.
If you are still interested just let me know and I will send you more details in order to make a safe transaction.

FAWK… :banghead:

Scammer… but i decide to push his buttons, and tell him i am going to be in NC this weekend, and would like to see the car, and have cash in hand… [i also want to see if i can get the scammer to send me some sort of lame picture for hilarity]

then i get this predictable response back…

I can only deliver the car to your front door because I am not in US in this moment. The car will arrive at your door in 5 days. The shipping is paid. You will not pay shipping charges. As soon as the vehicle will be at your home, you will have 7 days to inspect and test drive the car. If you will not like the car 100% you will ship it back at my expense. I’m sure this will not happen because the car is in excellent condition.
The car is at the shipping company with all the paperwork inside. You will receive all the original documents and keys with the car. I signed all the paperwork and the title is ready to be transferred to the new owner. You will have the chance to inspect the car before I will be paid.
The only way we can do this transaction is through Ebay because I want a smooth and safe transaction.
If you are interested to buy my car, please send me your full name and shipping address so I can register the transaction with Ebay. Ebay will reply you with more details and informations about this transaction.

Should i continue to push this guy to see if i can waste his time anymore?

the autotrader ad has been pulled AFAIK and the vin # he gave me is for another car taht doesnt match the pictures he sent me

(pictures have black interior, google’d car had white)

IB DRDOS

They always say they are in the navy and in the persian gulf.

I hate when people ask should I push him…

You are not pushing him… these scammers are in a network and have dozens of pre typed responses. The only persons time you are wasting is your own…

Not always.

Tell him you’ll send him the money if he gives you a picture of his uniform and bunk.

Ask him what ship he’s on?

I have a couple of money ordes I have collected when selling on cl they were next days from England, which costs them ~100 bux

send him a payment for 34 cents, and then explain that it was a error by the tellar at your bank

Teller****:nerd:

send it COD

um . I am totally over the m5 thing that was a couple years ago. I don’t really digg them that much these days… Nor do I really care about car’s any more.

Only cuz u suck at them

That year M5 is worth at least 50K. Too good to be true should translate into “Am I going to get fucked?”

sigh

fucking scammers.

ive seen legit sales for sub 50k cars in the mid to low 40’s on ebaymotors/forums…

Last i checked mid to low 40s was “sub 50k”…

i don’ get it…

:tup:

“pushing his buttons” is a useless waste of time. His job is to cut and paste responses until he receives a check from you. If they notice that you are attempting to “mess” with them, they will just simply ignore you.

:tup:

Why bump this because of that?