FS: Nissan RB 30 motor - complete

I currently have a Nissan RB30 ( yes the 3 litre) motor sitting in my garage, it came out of an Australian Commodore, it’s complete and ready to fire up with a Jap auto box on the back, ECU, wring harness etc, it even comes with a really nice 6:1 header.
I also have a used GT3040 turbo, that’s in need of a rebuild, but serviceable, I also have a bunch of Apexi and HKS electronic gizmos to go with the above.
I have a buddy down in Oz’ who ship allsorts of stuff to the US and he got me two engines, I’m keep the second one to build a monster Skyline- if anyone is serious interested email me- [email=“sneal@hvc.rr.com”]sneal@hvc.rr.com, price is negotiable

why did an australian commodore (GM) have a nissan engine in it?

Dunno Joe perhaps GM can’t make engines? I have two motors, both identical except one has a Nissan valve cover, one has a Holden valve cover.
From what I gather these were derivatives of a heavy duty truck motor, they are immensely strong blocks, the Skyline guys whack the RB26 DETT head on there , put a stroker crank in them and make 1400+ HP, hence I’m keeping one for myself!
The one I’m selling is a regular single OHC head, but even so you can make some big power with them and the parts are cheap.

And you’ve got to admit you’d stand out from the crowd with one of these bad boys in the engine bay;)

haha, GLWS, i just couldnt understand who would go through the effort of a nissan RB30 swap as opposed to an LS1, which came in commodores and seems like it would be a better app in every way.

Oh I don’t know some of those turbo RB 's give the LS1 more than a run for the money, you can make 750HP with one without much bother…
Still bigger is always best-er…

Way to know Your GM… tsk tsk

[edit] RB30

Three models of 3.0 L RB30 were produced:

• RB30S - carbureted single-cam
  • RB30E - fuel-injected single-cam (114 kW @ 5200 rpm, 247 N·m (25.2 kgf·m) @ 3600 rpm)
  • RB30ET - fuel-injected single-cam turbo
    This motor was produced because the Holden 202 (3.3 L) powering the Holden Commodore could no longer satisfy emissions requirements, and with all new cars required to run on unleaded petrol by 1986, a quick replacement was needed. Nissan Motor Co. teamed up with GM to build their biggest displacement RB, the 3-litre RB30E. The RB30ET was only found in the VL Commodore. The RB30S was found in some Middle Eastern R31 Skylines and in some Nissan Patrols. The RB30E was found in R31 Skylines and VL Commodores in Australia as well as in South African R31 Skylines (with 126Kw @ 5000rpm and 260Nm @ 3500rpm)

Nissan Special Vehicles Division Australia produced two limited runs of 200 R31 Skylines, the GTS1 and GTS2. These contained slightly more powerful RB30E engines.

• GTS1 RB30E - injected single-cam (130 kW @ 5500 rpm, 255 Nm (26.0 kgm) @ 3500 rpm) - special cam profile, special exhaust[6]
  • GTS2 RB30E - injected single-cam (140 kW @ 5600 rpm, 270 N·m (27.5 kgf·m) @ 4400 rpm) - special cam profile, special exhaust, piggy back computer, valve porting[7]

wow. learn something new every day.

I’m impressed !
Listen I have had a death in the family and need to fly back to England ASAP, if anyone is interested in this thing, give me a week or two, thanks guys

How much are you looking for?

I’ve very interested.

John