FU Time Warner

wtf?

wtf what?
pretty self explanitory to me :slight_smile:

Heh

seems to be working ok, hd shit take a while to grab, and i cant start viewing untill after 5-6 mnutes or so.

their cable internet sucks too ever seince they took over for adelphia my videos will never download the whole way. Im always hittin lag spikes while gaming too

Is that only for the HR20 recievers or can the H20 units get it too?

never had a problem with my internet through tw. i play games and everything just fine.

HR20-xxx, since you need a hdd to save ur movies to :slight_smile: plus it needs a network connection the h20 doesn’t have either of those.

kevin lol

You don’t need the DVR for this, right? That’s fucking sweet, it’s my only beef with DirecTV. Not anymore!

[quote=“97_B18b1,post:6,topic:37098"”]

their cable internet sucks too ever seince they took over for adelphia my videos will never download the whole way. Im always hittin lag spikes while gaming too

[/quote]

lmao

Do you think when TW took over they just decided to fuck shit up?

Adelphia put about enough money into the system to keep it running the next day.

TW has dropped millions and millions into that shit system since they took it over. There are still some problem areas, but most shit has been rerun with new shit and their internet side has had quite a lot of money dumped into it…

If your shit is worse, its probably just a coincidence, goto http://192.168.100.1 and post your signal to noise, downstream and upstream levels. My money is on your upstream being 55+

[quote=“RuBiCaNT,post:11,topic:37098"”]

You don’t need the DVR for this, right? That’s fucking sweet, it’s my only beef with DirecTV. Not anymore!

[/quote]

You DO need a DVR. The DirecTV HD DVR (aka HR-20). I would think the non-HD unit would be OK too.

[quote=“9c1,post:13,topic:37098"”]

You DO need a DVR. The DirecTV HD DVR (aka HR-20). I would think the non-HD unit would be OK too.

[/quote]

That sucks that you can’t use the On Demand feature without having a DVR. Oh well, no biggie…

does anyone know if the FIOs on-demand will be in HD?

dvrs are dropping on price very quickly

[quote=“RuBiCaNT,post:14,topic:37098"”]

That sucks that you can’t use the On Demand feature without having a DVR. Oh well, no biggie…

[/quote]

Release your death grip on your 10 year old VCR, join the rest of us in the present and get a DVR. It is by far the greatest thing ever invented for TV. I’d rank DVR and HD right up there together. I judge a product’s worth by what I would do if it broke tonight. If it was my DVR I’d be on the phone with Dish doing what ever was needed to get a new one overnighted to me. There are so many commercials in a 1 hour show now I never watch anything live.

Watching a 1 hour show in a little over 40 minutes > wasting almost 20 minutes watching insurance and douche commercials.

[quote=“JayS,post:17,topic:37098"”]

Release your death grip on your 10 year old VCR, join the rest of us in the present and get a DVR. It is by far the greatest thing ever invented for TV. I’d rank DVR and HD right up there together. I judge a product’s worth by what I would do if it broke tonight. If it was my DVR I’d be on the phone with Dish doing what ever was needed to get a new one overnighted to me. There are so many commercials in a 1 hour show now I never watch anything live.

Watching a 1 hour show in a little over 40 minutes > wasting almost 20 minutes watching insurance and douche commercials.

[/quote]

I don’t even own a VCR. I don’t tape things. I have only a few shows I watch on TV so it’s not really worth it. I want the On-Demand for watching movies when I want, you know? I always seem to see a movie when it’s 1/4 of the way through or half way, you know? I will have to check with DirecTV and see how much the DVR would run me.

just dont ask them about the Ondemand as its still beta and they have no clue as of yet. lol

[quote=“RuBiCaNT,post:18,topic:37098"”]

I have only a few shows I watch on TV so it’s not really worth it.

[/quote]

You say that now, but once you have a DVR and shows start fitting your schedule instead of you needing to fit theirs it’s easy to find good stuff to watch. You flip through the guide for a week on discovery and find all kinds of interesting stuff.