FUCK I broke my key...

Well my passenger side door lock is kinda stuck (hard to turn), so I was playing with it and my key twisted a little bit and a chunk of it broke off.

So I’m gonna be rolling w/ my spare now but I need some advice.

AFAIK the spare key won’t let you open the trunk and glove box, right?

I’m wondering what is the cheapest way to go about this…

How much would a new (primary) key cost from the dealer? A lot right?

I’m thinking of just getting a copy of my spare key done and using that, since I don’t really lock the glove box and the trunk thing isn’t that big of a deal…anyone know how much this would cost?

Anyone have hookups at a dealer or something?

Thanks.

remove the locks from the door. brign it to a locksmith and they can have a key made for you. its pretty cheap too,

my buddy just did it and it was under 20 bucks.

O RLY?

But doesn’t it need to be a special key since like I said the spare opens the locks and starts the cars BUT it doesn’t open trunk and glove box. So wouldn’t doing what you said just give me a copy of the spare key ?

pull the locks out of the glove box too. and have a key made that fits both the doors and inside locks

im not sure if thatw ould work tho.

I broke my key to, but all it did was go to CT and get one made for like $5

hahaha dude i hate to tell u this but if ur SPARE key starts ur car and it doesint open ur other shit,ur other locks are from a different car or sumthing,…and the easyist way is to go to the dsealer with the number from the inside of the glove box,ur ownership and 3 pieces of id.

or get a key from ct or home depot.

i think he was trying to say he is using his valet key. usually the valet key doesnt open the trunk or glove box, preventing those valet boys from trying to steal stuff.
but yeah if u want the original key, do what side wayz said. ownership and id.

this isnt like a lexus dude

240s dont have that sort of thing

sure they do, 2 of my 3 s14’s came with vallet keys.

I actualy just tried it and the spare key DID open my trunk and glove box…

I assumed it wouldn’t because in the manual it said the spare key wouldn’t open them… oh well I guess this makes it easier (and cheaper) for me as I’ll just be abel to get a copy of this key made…

s13s do too? wow thats whack.

my appologies boys

sure they do, 2 of my 3 s14’s came with vallet keys.[/quote]
i agreek, my s14 came wth a valet key and thats what i use since the original is so big and bulky.

I broke my main key once on my Sentra. I had both pieces, went to the Key cutters, and they managed to cut the key just pressing it together. It was a little wonky sometimes, but it worked. Try that?

Sasha is right, S13 doesn’t have 2 different keys.

Sasha is right, S13 doesn’t have 2 different keys.[/quote]

false

Sasha is right, S13 doesn’t have 2 different keys.[/quote]

I had a valet key on my first S13.

Pavel = owned.

Who needs a glovebox anyways…

meh it is no big deal my key has only ever been able to open my driver door (diff lock in poassenger and trunk) and it is not a big deal at all. I have been living with it for about 4 years now.