Fuel Consumption

What kind of KMs are you guys getting out of your DOHC KA24DE’s. I am running 400 or less and she runs pretty good. That can not be right, It should at least be 500 or better?
I know my clutch fan has some impact on that but lets get serious. :?

Nissans dont get very good gas millage. I noticed on my SR I was only geting like 380km to a tank so I cheaked the readings on my o2 sensor and turned out that I wasnt geting 12V to the heater so it wasnt workign properly. You can cheak yours out. I also upgraded to a 4 wire denso o2 sensor and that helped aswell. Also you might get better gas millage if you throw in high oct gas. It costs more but use less and better performance :smiley:

i get around 450km a tank with my ka24de with intake,exhaust,walbro 255 fuel pump and 300zx fuel filter

btw does anyone know if i need to adjust fuel pressure when using a walbro on a non turbo car?

my ka got 450 on a tank and my sr20 I am getting 300km right now :?

My KA got aroudn 400 ish.

My last SR tank was close to 400 and about half of it was at 14 PSI. Granted for the first quater i was driving it pretty easy but there were time were i was pretty hard on it.

Me get about 450km on the highway with my SR and about 380km in town but I never drive slow! Always racing trucks!

How were you able to convert to a 4 wire sensor? Is the other wire just for ground? On a related note I just checked my o2 sensor, and it was not getting switched 12v. I got great mileage last night.

510-530km per tank on a KA with 250 000 kms.

What!! How the hell do you come up with 100 extra KMs than anyone else? Do you have an electric fan, or does your fan clutch work like it is supposed too? :!:

I put almost 7000 km on in 6 weeks while working in the city and kept very good track of fuel consumption. I have replaced O2 sensor, spark plugs, plug wires, pcv valve,run a good fuel injector cleaner,cleaned throttle body and intake manifold, run synthetic oil in rear end tranny and engine, aftermarket air filter with short ram intake and exhaust with a test pipe. Yes i have electric fans instead of the mechanical fan and had the timing set to 22 degrees and run regular gas.

My stock SR gets 500-530 to the tank mosty city driving, so Flavio cant be too far off.

I went to a denso 4 wire because I called there rep and they said that they have a more accurate reading and I can tell just by looking at the air/fuel gauge. You can see the voltage jump back and forth rapidly. Also yes it is just an extra ground so no biggie hooking it up. I didnt know the diagram at first so I called up the rep and they told me. The guy that told me how to install it first told me weird way but its really easy once you get the right info. Made about 70km extra on a tank of gas on the highway and only costs $60.00

I also went to electric fan set up but I didnt notice any diffrence on gas millage. Best bet is to change plugs, clean the points on your KA’s and make sure your o2 sensor is good and you will get good millage.

I have only had my Car for 3 weeks and filled up twice 400-450 each tank with some spirited driving on each tank. and i have an SR

where did you get it from? just like parts source? or auto value? do you have a pt#??

my dodge uses a 4 wire. So it is a easy part number to find. If you want you can get a pigtail from a dodge car 89 and up.

My 180 with the CA18DET is terrible on fuel I only get about 260-300 to a tank, but I can’t help putting my foot into the turbo :smiley:

You got something wrong there, other than your foot.

That’s not too bad of a problem, I get around 350 kms on $65… :anal

The worst I got was 260 when I ran 87 but the damn thing would hardly run. I only run premium now but I can’t seem to get any better than 290-300. that was on highway avg speed 120-140.