Gah stupid audio system

Alright, so I just bought Alpine type s for my front speakers…I decided i would try and tackle it with me and a few friends… wrong, not sure were we went wrong but not they dont work at all hahaha, i think i may have blown the fuse… i dunno im thinking about skipping all that shit and just doing straight from my deck to my speakers, has anybody done this? is it possible? my friend has it done in his car… but i dunno any advice?

this is easy running new wires from the wiring harness to all the speakers, only difficulty is passing the wires through the door and such, now i doubt you blew a fuse but check anyways, Speakers are easy to wire

RED= Positive
Black= Negative

now if your just changing the front speakers i suggest you not and change all 4 other wise your amp is running different frequencies within the speakers which is reacts differently to the speakers when music is being played.

Now if you running new wires i suggest 16 or 20 Gauge wires, i hope this helped you abit.

good luck

does it say “active speaker” on the grill on the door panel?

if so, run new wires.

it’s a complicated system that barely works with the stock stereo, never works with aftermarket stuff. throw it in the garbage.

either way, just run new wires.

active speaker is crapppppp but im sure your speakers arent stock? look if you have any trouble PM me and ill draw you a picture or something!

Thanks for the help,
They are active speakers, yah that system is shit, so confusing, ill just run new wires. Do any of those controls in the speaker unit do anything for the door? like window or locks?

no the speaker wires and door switches dont intertwine, just remove the panel and youll see

“now if your just changing the front speakers i suggest you not and change all 4 other wise your amp is running different frequencies within the speakers which is reacts differently to the speakers when music is being played.”

Can you please explane this???

JUst run now wire from the headunit into the the doors for the new drivers.
Not very hard

Alright, well i bought 18 gauge wire lol hope its okay. Thanks for the help i think i got it to work now.

Well, it took me and a buddy 3 hours but they work :slight_smile: thanks for everybodys help. Btw anybody looking for good speakers alpine type s are great, very clear. Good bang for the buck .