gap between turbo and manifold

Well I’ve noticed this today, the turbo has a little gap from the manifold to the turbo. I know because u can see about a 1mm gap and when I am in high RPM’s there is a big vibration noise.

So my question is what is the easiest way to tighten the turbo? It is a sr20det in a s13 240sx.

I know this might be a stupid question for some of you but i’m a noob and i’m wearing my flame repellant suit :wink:

Just tighten up the bolts using the appropriate sized wrench/socket?
And if that doesn’t work perhaps just get a new gasket

haha yeah thanks i dont know what kind of awnser i was expecting lol. I know its a stupid question its just that’s its so crammed lol.

Yeah, working on my DE is tight in some locations, but i always have just enough room to work.

Good luck and post if you still have problems

To tighten all the nuts you will need to take the manifold/turbo assembly out of the car. With the turbo in the car you won’t be able to get to one of the nuts.

like jason said take the manifold off and get a new gasket some lock washers and lock tight and tighten the shit out of the bolts!!!

I’m about to do this but I’m having a hell of a time getting all the gaskets, the last time I got my gaskets I got one that was four bolt for the downpipe. Anyone know of a part number for a 5 bolt one?