Garage remodel

Nice. I fuckin Hate drywall work!! Argh! looks good in the end but fuck!

AWESOME PROJECT… looks good…

wow…im jealous…looks great! :tup:

broken images?

I spy blue buffalo garbage bins, where abouts are you located? Im right off of hertel in N buffalo.

Somewhere very near the 190 and South Ogden St. exit…but I don’t want to say for sure because someone may want to track my house down and steal my highly desirable SHO:rofl:

I just joined a contractor forum, and the Home-DIY threads makes me want to go buy power tools and start tearing walls down… haha

Looks good so far. I love garage makeovers.

Nice work.

That is my spring project also. It’s already insulated and has a storage area that you can walk up the ladder to and also almost stand completely straigh up in. So I already have a head start on the project.

But I’m installing flourescent light fixtures, drywalling, and putting up all the new storage and shelving that I got.

Oh yea, wireless internet, cable tv, flatscreen, and a fridge :slight_smile:

But I gotta wait til the weather is nice, and the Camaro is outside before I do it.

It’s not fun…Or maybe it’s just not for me. I’m redoing my back hall and downstairs bathroom now. I hate tearing out plaster and lath, I hate hanging mudding, and sanding drywall. I do like plumbing and electrical though, I wired my new (in 2002) garage, and am planning on finishing it off, but I don’t think I’m going to finish it with drywall, maybe some white waterproof paneling. It’s half drywalled (firecode) and half mudded now.

LXTASY, you are going to epoxy the floor right? It makes such a huge difference

This is before…

This is after…

This is what it looks like now all full of junk…

Major cleaning and finishing to be done this spring.

VERY cool, I like threads like this, I’ll be doing something similar in a couple months…

HUGE:tup:

link? Always looking for good resources & ideas.

BTW, not worth a whole lot, other then basic improvement or maintenance ideas: http://forum.doityourself.com/

Is that EpoxyShield from Rustoleum? I was thinking about getting that stuff for a summer project.

Yeah, great stuff. But if you want a better color than just tan or grey, you can mix the two and get a nice taupe color, that’s what my parents did in their garage.

+1

We did our garage in that last summer, same color as yours with the flakes. It brightened the place up and the place seems to stay a lot cleaner, I can roll around on the floor and stay perfectly clean. The only problem we had is that it peeled up in a few small places because oil has been soaking into the concrete for 20 years.

don’t.

ucoatit>*

The Rustoleum stuff is the same for a lot less money.

Yeah, the floor has to be clean, mine was brand new so that wasn’t a problem, it still remains durable to this day, I drag metal across it and don’t damage it.

Some more:

Mudding fun:) This wasn’t as bad as I had expected. Once I got the technique down and found what tools I liked it only took a few evenings to get it all done. Secret is lots of light layers to let the mud dry fast so you can work quickly.

Paint and beams stained. Not sure if I like the stain color…come spring time I may darken this up. If you look closely at the middle beam you can see it’s much darker than the 2x6’s sandwiching it. This was intentional, adds a cool look to it and shows the original wood work.

I added 2 ceiling fans up top to help out in the warm months. 42" cheapy units from Home Depot, I think they were like $19.99!!! These things kick ass…I also added a corner bead to the underside of the storage area for a clean look. Left the one half exposed metal, matches nicely to the garage door tracks.

…and how it sits now being used:) I still have some decorating to do with hanging things up on the wall. But soon after the paint work was finish my dad’s ‘55 Chevy showed up off the trailer from Minnesota…so progress halted up a bit as I got to work on the winter project of an engine/trans swap into that car. Take note of how much whiter the light is in here! 6 4’ long flourescent light ballasts were added (3 per side wall). Also, there are 6 energy saving flourescents up top. Even with the cold weather it only takes about 3 minutes for these things to be fully ‘on’. Not bad for $8 ballasts…